Samsung forum

Adobe Flash Player for Samsung Smart TV

by cooolmagic / April 14, 2013 3:48 PM PDT

Hi All

I have Samsung Smart TV Samsung 55ES7100
Suddenly some websites on the browser asking me to upgrade the flash player.

When I click on Get Flash Player icon, it says:

Your System: Linux 32 Bit, Safari

NExt it says Note:

Flash Player 11.2 will be the last version to target Linux.

I tried to install from their list. Nothing works.

So have no idea what to do.

Please suggest.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Adobe Flash Player for Samsung Smart TV
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Adobe Flash Player for Samsung Smart TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
The web site is in error.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 15, 2013 1:32 AM PDT

If the web site wants their site to work on smart tvs they'll have to test for and support it. These TVs are not PCs so there is nothing for use to install.

This area is pretty well discussed so I hope I don't upset you with the shorter answer.

Collapse -
Isn't TV running Linux?
by gayleard / January 8, 2014 9:35 PM PST

You say the TV is not a PC, but it appears to be running Linux, so it would seem to be on the same footing as my Samsung smart phone.

Actually I have seen, but have not tried, advice on updating Flash on a Samsung Smart TV with a USB stick. Unfortunately I did not make a note of the site.

I also see that Samsung says in <>
" Will flash be upgradable when Adobe releases the next revision?
Yes, it will be upgradable via a firmware update
once it's released on the Samsung website."

Collapse -
So the next question for Samsung.
by Kees_B Forum moderator / January 8, 2014 9:45 PM PST

When will that be for my 55Es7100?
The US phone for Samsung Customer support: 1-800SAMSUNG.

Collapse -
Can't find Linux on that model.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 9, 2014 2:53 AM PST

The few Samsungs that had a Linux kernal always had documents about that on that page but this does not. This lead me to think you are thinking the web page message is correct but it's not.

I fear you may be upset about all this and hopefully not so much so you burst into flames.

This is a well beat up area and folk here can talk about it but as it stands, there is not going to be a new Flash issued on older sets. Ask Samsung why.
Collapse -
It's all BS
by ambler555 / October 3, 2014 7:57 AM PDT

The thing is not whether its a PC or not. It's a smart TV after all, or no? Isn't it the age of technology. You're sitting home or in a conference room, searching on browser to browse what exactly on a big screen TV? Isn't it some type of movie or video that requires Flash anyway?!!!
Anything is possible, hardware vs software. Throwing the ball back n forth between Adobe and smart TV manufacturers is non sense, must be a financial issue.

Collapse -
Let's go down that road and find the players.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 3, 2014 8:40 AM PDT
In reply to: It's all BS

1. Flash. OK that's from Adobe. So be sure to get after them to issue a new Flash player.

2. YouTube. That's Google. Get after them to update the YouTube app or their web site to work with these TVs.

Samsung doesn't own the code or the patents to issue such apps so yes, it's financial and more.

Collapse -
Re: Adobe Flash Player for Samsung Smart TV
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / April 15, 2013 5:51 AM PDT

Hi coolmagic,

Thanks for your question. Your TV's OS prevents the browser from installing anything from it. We recommend for sites like these to use the mobile version instead because they will run more quickly.

HD Tech

Collapse -
Flash on TV
by Reid_Man / September 7, 2013 6:04 AM PDT

Samsung does not support new flash.

Collapse -
Answer from Sansung your TV is not a Computer
by Groelect / January 26, 2015 2:20 AM PST

I talked with Samsung Technicians about this issue and at present there is no solution offered. They say you Smart TV is not a computer and the memory is not set up to download applications like a computer to the hard drive. Samsung told me that this is not there issue but rather the issue of Adobe. They have not made an application that is compatible with the Samsung TV. They have suggested that we as customers approach Adobe to make a smart TV application for the flash player that will allow us to continue to view our internet TV shows such as broadcast at CTV.CA

Collapse -
Thanks for this.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 26, 2015 2:26 AM PST

I know folk want to have a Smart TV as good as a PC but for now it's just a warm up to see where the makers go to next.

Collapse -
Re: Flash
by Kees_B Forum moderator / January 26, 2015 2:45 AM PST
Collapse -
It's samsungs issue to correct
by Erik Otterholt / October 10, 2015 3:40 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: Flash

If a web browser won't work anymore for watching things like my PAC 12 network, then perhaps Samsung should get the apps built to allow users to watch the content the are seeking on their TV's. Furthermore, its crap that some Samsung TV's have more apps available then other Samsung TV's; if there is an app for Samsung, it should be available for all models. really not interested in smart TV's anymore, bring back the dumb ones and let users put a device of their own choice on it or quit playing these games of "you didn't buy the top of the line so you can't have this app.

Bull ****

Collapse -
Samsung announces the end of Flash.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 10, 2015 4:04 PM PDT

"The developer Adobe who made Flash Player used for many years in web development chose to stop development on Flash support for CE devices. Because of this decision TVs do not support Flash Player contents. However, they do support the latest video player standards of HTML5."

Since Flash is not written by Samsung, why is it up to Sam to fix?

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.