Hello, on my website I want to add a button on the
homepage that allows someone to checkout with paypal and
then download the file they have bought. It is only one
file that is for sale. What is the easiest way to set
this up.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: adding paypal and file download to site
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: adding paypal and file download to site
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Over at paypal
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 7, 2008 11:10 PM PST
https://www.paypal.com/ has a link about selling with paypal. There are some that "want" to do this but are not willing to spend time implementing it. All this is ready for you so dive in and get 'r done.

Collapse -
Re: adding paypal and file download to site
by SaltballLeadProgrammer / January 5, 2009 6:25 PM PST

Well adding paypal should be easy, they (at the time which was a couple of months ago) told me to just paste the button jpeg and html linked code onto my site. For file downloads well I'm working on that right now. I'm writing some kind of non console chmod function equivalent for directories, I was thinking about making it parse cookies as keys for users who want to download my products. However you can do that in less than 5 lines of html code linked and hablaing oops written in SQL, or MySQL.

Collapse -
by jathia / May 5, 2009 5:27 AM PDT

You should try this website - www.payloadz.com

They are a reputable established service that is free to sign up. Basically, it does exactly what you described as needing: Put a button on your site, after clicking they use paypal to buy it, and then it provides the link to download your file, as well as emailing a copy of the download link to the customer.

Only thing about it is some people may not have heard of this company and would be suspicious of purchasing from it, so you might need to put a little disclaimer explaining something about this site being a valid external vendor with a link for them to investigate further if they wish to.

Depending on the type of file you are wanting to sell, you may want to also check out www.lulu.com, but they tailor more towards e-books and stuff, but its the same concept, and they are a little more well known in the web community, in regards to catering to the more suspicious customers.

Hope you find this useful still..

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.