Computer Help forum

General discussion

ACER POWER 1000 Won't Start,did not detect Hard Disk

by xjrx / May 17, 2008 7:38 PM PDT

Hello everyone,
i have a Acer Power 1000,
the problem is it can't start,
the pc only show the 'ACER' word (the bios section) and after that it just like hang. .
after about 2-3 minute it show loading to boot from my cd rom and after that want to boot from nvidia card,
it just like the pc cannot detect any bootable device.

if i pull over the jumper from the hard disk,
the bios reach to boot from cd more faster,
but if i put the cable back to the hard disk, it bo0t slowly. ..i have checked my sata hard disk using my friend pc,and its ok,

my fan also doesnt work. .
I think the power supply that c0nnect from mobo to the hard disk is broken,
but i want to know is there any other relevant probs that relate to this problem?

i've also checked my ram and its work on other lapt0p (acer power 100 desktop used lapt0p ram)

the 'beep' sound start first before the screen show up the acer words. .
The usual is, the beep sound start with the acer word,
im sorry,
i dont know how to describe it more well. .
And im so sorry for my broken english,
im really bad on it

please help me. .

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: ACER POWER 1000 Won't Start,did not detect Hard Disk
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: ACER POWER 1000 Won't Start,did not detect Hard Disk
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
TRy booting from a CD.
by Porch-a-Geese / May 18, 2008 1:28 AM PDT

Try booting from a live CD and other media. If a live CD such as knoppix boots, you may want to use the CD to check the integrity of the disk. Have someone to check your power supply for you before you decide to replace it.

;;Porch-a-Geese

Collapse -
ACER POWER 1000 Won't Start,did not detect Hard Disk
by be2ornery / April 10, 2011 1:33 AM PDT

Look at the two 6.3v 1000uf capacitors by the tiny little heat sink. If there not flat or slightly bowed they need replaced, then it should work just fine.

Collapse -
Try a new cable and/or new hdd
by my-tech / April 11, 2011 8:28 PM PDT

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.