Laptops forum

Question

Acer AO725 Wifi issue with windows 8 update

by aneeshn86 / November 15, 2012 9:03 PM PST

I have recently updated my Acer AO 725 with windows 8 official upgrade.

issue i run into recently is my wifi is not working, one problem i had was few of the drivers where not pre available with windows 8 so i had to download them from acer website.

one among them was for wifi-driver. But their are 3 wifi driver available for my device model and when i install any one of them, windows run into a problem.. the blue screen comes and it run the recover mode.

i am not sure what the issue is. i think the wifi driver of my model is manufactured by Broadcome .. also windows 8 boot lil slow too.. Sad

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Acer AO725 Wifi issue with windows 8 update
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Acer AO725 Wifi issue with windows 8 update
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: WiFi-driver
by Kees_B Forum moderator / November 15, 2012 9:14 PM PST

The best to do: contact Acer customer support and ask which driver to use in Windows 8. If no luck, go back to the original configuration of Windows 7, either from the recovery disks you made, or from the 'image' you made before installing Windows 8.

Are you sure it's a driver issue? Did the wireless function correctly with Windows 7? And, of course, there's the possibility that you didn't install some helper app (although that should stay present and active with an upgrade install) or that just incidentally the hardware went south.

Kees

Collapse -
Answer
The issue is one you get back to Acer.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 16, 2012 1:55 AM PST

If you don't find a quick answer on google that is.

I will part with something I see folk forgetting today. Ready?

Many machines need HELPER APPLICATIONS to enable/disable WiFi and more. Folk that forget this lose months trying to find the drivers. The sad thing is they likely had the right driver at some point but forgot to load some helper application that lets us turn on and off the features.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Look in Device Manager For The Brand and Model wife adapter
by Edmund_Dorf / August 9, 2014 12:30 AM PDT

That should tell you which of the 3 drivers is needed for your netbook.

Collapse -
"Model Wife Adapter".
by Dafydd Forum moderator / August 9, 2014 12:35 AM PDT

I want one of those! Old thread by the way.

Dafydd.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.