Laptops forum

Question

Acer 3d on Windows 8

by 9860030 / December 5, 2012 5:11 PM PST

I have an Acer Z5763 All in One which is only 6 months old (TV, 3D etc) everything worked fine until I upgraded to windows 8 now the remote control and the 3D won't work, I have contacted Acer who say they cannot help and that the hardware does not support Windows 8, am I stuck with a machine that will not show 3D and with no working remote control, Anyone have an ideas what I can do ???

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Acer 3d on Windows 8
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Acer 3d on Windows 8
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: Windows 8
by Kees_B Forum moderator / December 5, 2012 5:27 PM PST
In reply to: Acer 3d on Windows 8

What did the Windows 8 upgrade advisor say about compatibility of the devices and the drivers?
If it didn't warn you about incompatibilities, I'd contact Acer again and complain. If, however, it did warn you and you decided to neglect that warnings, it's all your fault.

Since upgrading, most likely, makes the inbuilt restore-to-factory-conditions-from-the-recovery-partition inoperational (that's a definitely unpleasant feature of Microsofts handling of the boot sector), all you can do is go back to Windows 7 from using the recovery disks you made.
If you forgot to make them, you'll have to order them with Acer. Normally, they aren't free, but if you're SURE the Windows 8 upgrade advisor didn't warn you, you might be able to convince them to send them without costs. It might help if you download the upgrade advisor again and see what it says now about possible issues.

Kees

Collapse -
Answer
Here's Acer's forum for more.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 6, 2012 2:56 AM PST
Collapse -
Answer
Yes typically vendors don't support New OS's
by orlbuckeye / December 6, 2012 9:19 PM PST

that come out after their laptops are released. Part of the problem is the makers of the components don't design new drivers for the new OS.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.