Forum Announcement

Welcome to the new CNET Forums! Please don't panic. You are not in the Twilight Zone, you are experiencing the new CNET forums platform! Please click here to read the details. Thanks!!

Small business & Startups

General discussion

Accounting Softwares?

by Net_name / March 26, 2011 3:52 PM PDT

Hi,

I currently need a program or web-program that is LIKE Quickbooks or Freshbooks. However I don't know if it really fits my needs.

What I need is a program to automatically take in customer's orders automatically, then add all the total quantities of each items automatically, so I can order the number of each item each month all at once.

Afterwards, I need it to send invoices in bulk to each customer(s) of what they ordered, then they pay in CASH, not online payment.

Is there a program that can fit this need? Especially that first part of taking in orders. Currently I use just email and calculator, and it is a hassle.

Thanks. I hope someone can help.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Accounting Softwares?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Accounting Softwares?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I'm afraid this needs programming.
by Kees_B Forum moderator / March 26, 2011 8:30 PM PDT
In reply to: Accounting Softwares?

You're not clear about how the orders come in. Some possibilities:
1. Your customers mail you in free format (just a "hello, can you send me .." mail)
2. Your customers fill in a webform
3. Your customers send you an SMS
4. Your customers call you on your cell phone and - while engaged in a nice conversation with you - ask for 10 whatever-it-are.

Kees

Collapse -
Free Accounting Software
by lisawaveaccounting / April 5, 2011 5:40 AM PDT

Hi,
It sounds like your needs are pretty specialized, and includes order processing as well as invoicing and accounting. I'm not sure if Wave Accounting (http://waveaccounting.com) would fit all your needs, but it can definitely manage invoicing and accounting, and can manage cash payments. Wave is free, so it's worth a try!

I hope this helps.

Lisa
http://waveaccounting.com
Free online accounting for small businesses

Collapse -
Comparison site for business software
by lcurrall / May 30, 2011 2:18 AM PDT

Hi,

Collapse -
Not so accounting software.
by jakegasaway / September 13, 2011 2:13 PM PDT

I'm replying rather late since I just found this question, but Stitch Labs does the majority of what you're asking. The problem with most accounting software on the market is that they show your sales and expenses, but they leave out the products/inventory specifics. If you're a business that carries products, you need specific product information. Stitch Labs helps small businesses easily manage contacts, inventory, sales orders, invoices, expenses, files and reports in one place.

Collapse -
Is your requirement over?
by VRJCSCE / September 26, 2011 2:40 AM PDT

Hi Mr Net Name,

Is your requirement for accounting software is over, or still you are looking for the same?

thanks

Collapse -
Online accounting software
by onlineSME / November 13, 2011 7:37 PM PST

It seems that you need advanced or specialized order processing as well as invoicing and accounting. It's necessary to look into programming to meet all your needs.

Collapse -
Maybe I can Help
by old_school3038 / November 16, 2011 3:06 AM PST

I'm a programmer and we were thinking about making a accounting software program for my wife who is studying to be an accountant. I can make you a custom software program but I would need details and of course it would be for a fee. My only other solution is waiting for us or someone to make a "free" accounting software to solve your needs. Honestly though, anything accounting and the word "free" I would not use. I mean honestly this is software you will entrust your entire businesses finical information to process. For me, it would be critical that information be processed correctly and accurately. So I'm willing to pay a few bucks for correct results.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Tired of your tricky Wi-Fi password?

Stop trying to memorize a complicated sequence of numbers and letters. Learn how to change the default password.