Cameras forum

General discussion

About MEGXON Cameras

by PMd / May 13, 2005 8:53 PM PDT

Hi.
I am based in Taiwan and start working closely with MEGXON manufacturer to improve both the reputation of the brand and the performance of the products.
We are fully aware that advertising using interpolated resolution is really a pain in an ake and real unfair. However I have to clearly state that it ios not the fault of the manufacturer but the one of the retailer who mask the real performance of the product.
Regarding this point I like to mention that:
if you have one computer with apporpriate software, interpolation is really the last thing you need. You can do what you want with photo software.
But if you don't have any computer and you just want to print out you image, in such a case integrated interpolation software can be use to recentyer you photo or to have a better printing for large format.

But of course you will never improive the quality of your photography using interpolation.

Now let me come to my real issue.
I like top have feed back from people who have bought MEGSON camera. I like to know what is good, what is not good.
Using these information i will go back to Megxon and will do my best to improve the service.
Specially for people who are using
S303/S302
C480
C531
T51
I thank in advance all people that will help us in our mission.
PMd

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: About MEGXON Cameras
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: About MEGXON Cameras
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Something Needed
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / May 14, 2005 12:07 AM PDT
In reply to: About MEGXON Cameras

How about a link to a website that offers support for the Megxon cameras.

It is a common question on this forum.

That website address should also be included in the User's Manual that comes with the camera.

Collapse -
Website about Megxon
by PMd / May 14, 2005 3:37 AM PDT
In reply to: Something Needed

Hi

That one of my first priority
To sep up a web site with all normal support
But I do need a few weeks .

BRgds
PMd

Collapse -
Megxon Falsely Advertised
by OldManEmu / May 15, 2005 4:21 PM PDT

hello,
i have lodged a complaint with our office of fair trading in melbourne victoria australia about the false advertising and poor quality compared to the price and that after a short time the USB connection becomes faulty

mainly on Ebay these false advertisement are happening and the pictures displayed supposidly taken by these cameras are from the Megxon site when you click on the link..so either the pictures that are being promoted are taken from a different camera or we all have faulty cameras, as the quality taken by me with my s303 is not as good as what is on your site

Collapse -
Thanks for your feedback
by PMd / May 15, 2005 7:53 PM PDT

Hi
First of all thanks for your feedback.
I will investigated the problem related to the USB port connection.
It is true that e-nay makes wrong advertising specialy the Australian distributor of Megxon clearly adverses in an unfair way.
I will complain to Megxon right tomorrow morning.
regarding the picture used on the web, I will check the origin but I do believe that they are made with the camera.
Keep in touch
Best regards
PMd

Collapse -
Purchased S304 Megxon
by Bluefur / May 19, 2005 12:56 PM PDT

I have just purchased the above camera from ebay. I don't have it yet and wanted to do a little research on it. I am having a difficult time finding any documentation online. Could you direct me to some sites or give me the low down?

Thank You
Bluefur

Collapse -
Megxon
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / May 20, 2005 12:36 AM PDT
In reply to: Purchased S304 Megxon
Collapse -
SD slot defective?
by sop_2 / May 25, 2005 12:20 PM PDT

I just purchased a MegXon S302-T1-NR. Upon inserting an SD card (Memorex 128 mp) the camera did nothing and did not recognise it, ie it continued to take and record pictures only onto its internal 16mp memory as if the SD card was not even there.

The dealer exchanged the camera for another one which I just received. The new camera is doing the same thing, only using its internal memory even when the card is inserted.

I have also tried a different card, now an Toshiba SD 256 to no avail. Nor has formatting either in the camera or in my laptop made any difference.

The user manual states that the SD protect must be disabled on the camera but offers no guidence on that one. Is that just the lock on the SD card? Regardless, that is not the problem here.

Please advise

Collapse -
memory for s302
by jj565 / June 5, 2005 7:53 AM PDT

where can i find a compatible memory for this camera ,have bought 3 and none will wory ,the camera says it is locked and am unable to unlock the added memory thanks jack wright (jojack02@yahoo.com)

Collapse -
Megxon S302
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / June 5, 2005 8:25 AM PDT
In reply to: memory for s302
Collapse -
Megxon S302 Problem
by jflodaddy / June 9, 2005 5:12 AM PDT

I have the Megxon S302 and recently noticed that when I am taking pictures and want to look at them, I can only view 3 jpegs and then the camera freezes up...none of the controls work and the only way to fix it is to open the battery compartment. Is this something that I can fix? I have owned it for 4 months and this just started yesterday. Otherwise I am happy with the camera. THANKS -- J.Flo'Daddy

Collapse -
Megxon S302
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / June 9, 2005 9:19 AM PDT
In reply to: Megxon S302 Problem

The first thing I would try is installing fresh batteries.

The S302 uses the very small AAA batteries and they do not last long.

Collapse -
RE -- Install fresh batteries
by jflodaddy / June 9, 2005 11:29 PM PDT
In reply to: Megxon S302

I have rechargable batteries (NiMh - 800 mAh) and havn't had a problem with them. I have 8 batteries and they have held up well, not recharged too many times. The battery status bar shows that I have a full charge and this problem persists. I wonder if it is the control on the "OK" button; like I said, once it freezes up, none of the controls work at all including the on/off button. The camera still takes video and pictures...I havn't tried all the other features. Maybe I'll fool around with some of the other features and post what I find. -- jflodaddy

Collapse -
Megxon Lens
by Walt / June 10, 2005 8:21 AM PDT

Hi,
In advertising,the information given on the electronics of the cameras is comprehensive,however
nothing is mentioned regarding the quality of the lens.
Why is that? They seem okay,but I would like some info on them please.I have a 4 month old T5 black purchased on e-bay,I have been quite happy with it, however the
latched cover which closes on the battery/sd card will not now close(the camera has had very little use).
Unfortunately, the retailer involved doesn't want to know about me, and claims that Megxon feels the problem
is from heavy handling...me not too happy.
Any comments please

Collapse -
Megxon Cameras
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / June 11, 2005 5:19 AM PDT
In reply to: Megxon Lens

The Megxon website has been growing lately and they now have detailed specifications for their cameras.

http://www.megxon.com/products/T5/T5.htm

However they do not specify the manufacturer of the lenses.
The T5 lens specs are:
f2.8 - f4.7
5.8 - 17.4 mm focal length
...(35mm equivalent 35 - 104)

On their website I have seen no chance in the support section. The only support is via email to Taipei, Taiwan.

I suggest you try an email to Taiwan and see what happens.

Collapse -
MEGXON S304....ALL MEGXON owners see this now
by Gemini365i / June 11, 2005 7:39 AM PDT

MEGXON S304
Hello to any and all poeple using MEGXON cameras. I am VERY WORRIED AND CONCERENED HERE.
I just won a camera on ebay for $76.00 + $24.00 shipping. Researching the comments here, sugges this camera is nothing but junk. Please say it aini't so and I have not wasted my money.

I am planning on getting a SD 512 MB card, and reading comments here, they don't work, once inserted into the camera, and there is no documentation on how to unclock it.... Can someone here assure me, tell me how to unlcok it once I get the camera.

I really am not a fan of wasting my money on junk and something that does not work. Nor am I a fan of being a guinea pig for companies to test their products on while we spend money for them.

Please, can someone send me some pictures taken with this camera as is, non photoshopped, etc, and let me see what I will be working with.

My email address is: Gemini365i@GMAIL.COM

Thanks a lot for any help offered.
JE

Collapse -
cameras
by suziet34 / June 14, 2005 1:25 PM PDT

Hi
Just read your message , cant give you much advice about cameras as I myself have been on ebay for weeks trying to decide what to waste my money on ( joke)
however i cant seem to find one im sure of but in your case you should be covered if you paid by pay pal
for $1000 ,new policy i believe ,if the camera does not come up to your expectations please get in contact
with pay pal as we all work hard for our money and i for one would not let myself get ripped so please let me know how things work out ......suziet34

Collapse -
Megxon Lens Query
by Walt / June 13, 2005 7:13 PM PDT

Hi Guys,
Furthur to my recent posting regarding origin of the Megxon Lens..... In taking the advice of snapshot2, I e-mailed Megxon support in Taiwan, and the answer has been swift and conscise.
The lens is produced by Asia Optical, Taiwan. Now, I'm happy to have that info !
I also complained about a faulty Battery cover latch
which my Australian Retailer really wasn't interested in hearing about.
Well, the customer support section at Megxon are posting me one at no charge.. no arguments! I'm happy about that.
As a matter of interest, I note that the Megxon T5 is being marketed in the USA as a Bell & Howell( See advert on this site)I have yet to see any reviews on this camera but I am hopeful to see something soon.
All the best
Jeff C
Australia

Collapse -
Megxon M500
by fergie7 / June 14, 2005 8:41 AM PDT

Hello. I am currently considering purchasing the new Megxon M500 Media Digital Box. After reading the previous posts it seems everyone has the same problem rgarding info as to Megxon products. I can't even find any on the Megxon site. If any one can help with info, or has pictures taken with the M500 it would be greatly appriciated. Thank You in advance
James Ferguson

Collapse -
OkOk I see
by raventhewicked1 / February 12, 2006 11:01 AM PST
In reply to: Megxon M500

I have a crap load full of pictures I took with this thing..I have ALOT of problems with it. Mostly freezing, and the user guide SUCKS, and I sent an email to them asking for help and I got one back 1 month later..otherwise this is a sexy hunk of camera, makes me look so rich ;)Ok so, here is a few pictures i took with this camera-
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Cookie-san/PrettySnow1.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Cookie-san/PrettySnow3.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Cookie-san/PrettySnow2.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Cookie-san/PrettySnow4.jpg
Its a great camera..and it's got alot of other great stuff so..yea

Collapse -
I bought this junk
by lisakenn / June 14, 2005 11:23 AM PDT

I am replying to your request for information from people who have bought this cam...I have the megxon S304...In a word, its AWFUL...my webcam takes better pictures..digital zoom in on far away objects gives nothing but pixilated blur...I am giving it to my son as a starter camera...My advice..spend the money and buy something that works...Like a mavica...Its advertised as a 12.0 mega pixel camera..but its not..its only a 3.1...I gues I have only myself to blame...wanted cheap camera to do what expensive ones do..that's not going to happen

Collapse -
i did also
by osteomina / September 9, 2005 5:25 PM PDT
In reply to: I bought this junk

i'm trying to file a complaint about the s304 right now. as far as i can tell, their phones and email addresses work about as well as their cameras, i've been trying to reach someone for weeks with no response. i was wondering how you found out that it was only 3.1 mp? if you could let me know, it would really help me out. thanks

Collapse -
About your complain
by PMd / September 9, 2005 6:40 PM PDT
In reply to: i did also

Hi
Sorry I understood your frustration.
Can you tell me where you bought the S304.
I do like to see how it is advertised.
For you information the S304 is definitely a 3.1M pixels.
Best Regards
PMd

Collapse -
s304
by osteomina / September 10, 2005 8:43 AM PDT
In reply to: About your complain

i bought it on ebay. if it is only a 3.1 mp camera, why is it advertised as 12 mp? that's not only what the item description said, but that's what the box says as well. doesn't that fall under the headline of "false advertising"?

Collapse -
About advertising
by PMd / September 29, 2005 11:12 AM PDT
In reply to: s304

Hi
As far as I know on the box as well as on the Megxon website, it is clearly said
3.1M sensor and 12M pixels interpolated.
I agree it can be confusing for non professionnal people and I try to convince Megxon to be clearer on this issue.
But there is no false advertising.
Best regards
PMd

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) This whole thread is advertising for a 'camera(?)'
by Kiddpeat / September 29, 2005 1:46 PM PDT
In reply to: About advertising
Collapse -
Re: About Advertising
by osteomina / September 30, 2005 9:15 AM PDT
In reply to: About advertising

hi,
when i purchased this camera on ebay, it was advertised as a "12.0 Mega Pixels" camera and clearly said 12 MP on the box as well. last time i checked, MP stood for mega pixels. unless there is some very fine print somewhere that is too small to read, that is what the box says as well. this product is obviously marketed as a 12.0 Mega Pixel camera intentionally.
if is being marketed as something other than what consumers are led to believe it is, that is false advertising.

Collapse -
about advertising
by PMd / September 30, 2005 2:54 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: About Advertising

Hi

May be it is not clear for you but it is said on the box
3Mega pixel sensor
and
max resolution up to 12 MP
You can also check on www.megxon.com
The point is that e-bay sellers are tricky.
For this reason in my doucment and web sites, I am request to remove all mention to interpolation.
I do understand you frustration but cannot change e-bay system.
however I will pass your complain to Megxon.
Best Regards
PMd

Collapse -
Why do they put interpolation to 12megs on top of a 3meg
by Kiddpeat / September 30, 2005 5:04 PM PDT
In reply to: about advertising

sensor? All you get by doing that is crap. That's dishonest no matter how you spin the fine print.

Collapse -
rip off
by osteomina / October 1, 2005 1:53 AM PDT
In reply to: about advertising

ebay sellers are not the only ''tricky'' ones. it's dishonest, plain and simple.

Collapse -
tekxon and megxon
by zoebrash / June 12, 2011 3:23 AM PDT
In reply to: rip off

have a look at http://www.tekxon.com.tw - some products are supported here, notall, but there is an email address you can contact the company via.... hope this helps Happy

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.