Speakeasy forum

General discussion

A right on political cartoon

by Roger NC / April 5, 2013 8:13 AM PDT
Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: A right on political cartoon
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: A right on political cartoon
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
A minor quibble, the road the cartoonist *should* have them
by Ziks511 / April 7, 2013 1:45 AM PDT

them travelling should be the sharp turn to the right. The signs need to be reversed.

The rest of the site is a collection of CPAC, Conservative Republican, and Neanderthal musings. Not a safe source, even when they accidentally get the issue correct.

Rob

Collapse -
NOPE
by Roger NC / April 7, 2013 5:03 AM PDT

they all continued down the road, refusing the responsibility.

There was no turn left or right.

Accepting responsibility is not a liberal or conservative exclusive property.

Despite the finger pointing on both sides, both have plenty of blame to bear.

Collapse -
We down here, sort ourselves out.
by crowsfoot / April 7, 2013 4:47 PM PDT
In reply to: NOPE

But the difference between myself and a Mexican worker is minor. The big difference is between the two kinds of money. The fight is handed down to us from above. We do the mashing down at their demand.

Collapse -
I agree
by Steven Haninger / April 7, 2013 6:30 PM PDT
In reply to: NOPE

and you can easily find political cartoons and web sites showing bias toward or against either party. The one you linked to is, IMO, "fair and balanced" but there will still be some who's opinion will be guided by the source of the cartoon rather than what it says on its own.

Collapse -
Well, political cartoons are generally biased because
by Roger NC / April 7, 2013 9:56 PM PDT
In reply to: I agree

that's their main reason for being, to advocate for a policy or group or to ridicule a policy or group.

I can accept that.

As you noted, this one just stands out (to me anyway) because it isn't politically left or right and because I tend to blame most of the congresscritters regardless of "side" for most of the messes we have. So it supports my existing bias and so I like it.

You're right about opinion being guided by the source as much as the message. Some do it all the time, some sometimes, others rarely but no one never, IMO.

No one looks at anything without a bias, the best we can do is recognize our own bias and try to compensate for it.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.