Car Tech forum

Question

95 JEEP CHEROKEE WON'T START

by babapag / January 23, 2013 12:24 AM PST

CAR WILL TURN OVER BUT WON'T START,I KEEP TURNING THE IGNITION AND CAR STARTS OLNY WHEN THE BATTERY LIGHT COME'S ON ON THE DASH BOARD.REPLACED THE IGNITION SWITH AND CHECKED ALL THE RELAYS.REPLACED THE BATTERY CLAMPS AND CHECKED THE STARTER WIRES ALL ARE FINE.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: 95 JEEP CHEROKEE WON'T START
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: 95 JEEP CHEROKEE WON'T START
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Need to know if 2wd or 4wd plus engine size.
by ogden46 / January 27, 2013 8:27 AM PST

I need to Know all the info listed in "subject" area so better to help you.

Thanks George Evenhuis

Collapse -
(NT) it's 4wd ,straight six.
by babapag / January 28, 2013 12:25 AM PST
Collapse -
Won't Start
by ogden46 / January 28, 2013 8:39 AM PST

I am sorry to say it is the body control module that is bad.

Collapse -
95 jeep prob.
by guynevins-24363930420268508203902657445961 / March 16, 2013 2:06 PM PDT
In reply to: Won't Start

sorry i wasn't of help, never heaerd of a "body control module" but there's lot's of parts on jeeps i haven't been introduced to yet and i probably don't want to. glad u got it going!

Collapse -
Jeep wont start
by derrickb1234 / June 27, 2013 1:31 AM PDT

Email me at lmbelcher@yahoo about your issues with a jeep Cherokee not starting. I have read all the answers to this question and while all of them sound intelligent, none of them hold the answers. I went through all of them myself and finally just decided I was better off figuring it out myself without the uneducated input from people that think they know whats wrong. Everyone wants to end up saying its the cpu or a control module when it is most likely a simple thing like mine was. The part Is most likely a 35.00 problem vs 160.00 fuel pump or a 400.00 cpu not to mention the time and effort wasted fixing something that does not need fixing.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
JEEP CHEROKEE
by guynevins-24363930420268508203902657445961 / March 16, 2013 9:58 AM PDT

CHECK VACUME LINES!!! have been having intermittent probs. with my 97 grand cherokee since i bought it last year with idleing, sometime idled @ 2000 rpm, sometimes normal, replaced IAC valve, had same prob., occasional stalling, but starts right back up, sometimes hard to start, somtime starts rite up, DRIVING ME NUTS!! Decided to reseat PCM connections, dam thing wouldn't start at all unless i pumped the hell out of the gas pedal & had to keep pumping till it decided to smooth out and run, was going to buy PCM as a last resort when i noticed the hard plastic vacume line going to the cruise control motor was broken. Spliced in with rubber vacume line & tie wraps-PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!! On closer inspection i could see where the line at some time or other had gotten a small melted spot(cig burn or whatever) & might have had a hairline crack that was growing & when i was messing with the PCM i obviously bumped it & finished it off. i guess the PCM was keepig it going the best it could!!!

Collapse -
Answer
(NT) mr
by cuthbert-clarke / August 15, 2015 5:31 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.