Samsung

General discussion

55C8000 Red Power Light Blinking

by JW76 / May 27, 2010 1:20 AM PDT

I have had my UN55C8000XF for 2 days now and the red power light will start blinking and I'm unable to use the TV. I'm unable to access any of the menu funtions. The power button on the remote will still turn off the TV. It's almost as if some kind of interference is sending remote commands to the TV. I covered the remote sensor with my hand and the problem was still there.

If I turn the TV off then on the problem is still there. If I leave the TV off for 5 minutes or unplug it the problem goes away. I have the latest firmware 1019. My setup is very simple, cable box, c6900 Blu-Ray.

This has happened 3 times in the last two days while watching the TV. Today it happend after TV was on for 10 minutes.

Things of tried while problem occurs:
-unplugged network line
-covered remote sensor

If I don't find a fix for this I will probably take the TV back because of the blinking light and poor DLNA support.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: 55C8000 Red Power Light Blinking
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: 55C8000 Red Power Light Blinking
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 27, 2010 9:17 AM PDT

JW76,

The red light blinking indicates that it's either receiving a signal, or a button on the bezel is registering (such as the touch-sensitive up and down volume buttons). It does sound like it may be an issue that can be repaired, but since you indicated that you'll check with your retailer, then I'm sure you'll find a satisfactory solution. If you do decide to keep it, I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to repair, and that could be done under the warranty.

I'm sorry to hear that you're not pleased with the DLNA features, and I hope that you get something that fits all of your needs. I do hope you'll consider Samsung in the future.

--HDTech

Collapse -
by JW76 / May 29, 2010 9:18 AM PDT

HDTech,

Thanks for the fast response. Here is what I found while trying to cover the remote sensor. If I apply a small amount of pressure to the left of the remote sensor on the front bezel the problem goes away. My guess is the my TV has a lose connection or faulty touch sensor. I called by vendor Crutchfield and they are sending a new unit right away.

On the DLNA after playing around with 7 different DLNA server software products. I was able to have success with Mezzmo. Mezzmo has specific support for Samsung TVs and is pretty fast.

Thanks.

Collapse -
my red power light keeps blinking
by cclaire / May 22, 2011 10:17 PM PDT

and it doing mad stuff like the volume i dont know what to do how do i solve this and why would this happen i have only had my tv for 8 weeks the red help plz asap thankyou samsung series 5

Collapse -
Re: only 8 weeks
by Kees_B Forum moderator / May 22, 2011 10:34 PM PDT

That means you still have 44 weeks left to claim a warranty repair.

Kees

Collapse -
This happened to me
by Onehotdogplease / December 11, 2011 3:36 AM PST

And my brand new 55 led 8005 after my young nephews came to visit us. As all kids, they love remotes and buttons, and they played around a little with the remote before I snapped it into safety. After this, the standby light kept flickering. After I read the comment about 'false' signals sent from the remote, I took out the battery in the remote and put it back in, and now it works perfect again.. Easy fix for an annoying problem

Collapse -
Same issue happening off & on since new in 2011
by Kbcb08 / July 31, 2013 8:33 PM PDT

I purchased un55c8000 in 2011. been happening off n on since after the first month. went away for a long time so i never claimed on warranty. Now it's really bad. Happens daily after a few minutes or few hours of use. Tv turns on an off repeatedly until power cord is unplugged. Red indicator light flashes and then shuts off. Please tell me how to fix the problem.

Collapse -
Re: Same issue happening off & on since new in 2011 -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 1, 2013 1:09 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Tired of your tricky Wi-Fi password?

Stop trying to memorize a complicated sequence of numbers and letters. Learn how to change the default password.