Speakeasy

General discussion

44 Now Refusing Gun & Ammo Sales To Law Enforcement

by James Denison / February 24, 2013 12:35 PM PST
Yes, 44 Gun and Ammo Manufacturers are refusing to sell guns and ammo to any state agencies, especially police agencies, in states which have laws interfering with Second Amendment RIGHTS!

I'm sure glad to see this happening. It should have happened a long time before this. I've often said that if the people can't be armed, then the police also should not be armed.

"The list of companies that have stopped selling firearms and ammunition
to law enforcement agencies in states that are restricting the Second
Amendment has more than doubled since Wednesday and is more than five times larger than just one week ago. There are 44 companies on our list, with more being added as we receive notification. Here are the additions since Wednesday:"
Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: 44 Now Refusing Gun & Ammo Sales To Law Enforcement
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: 44 Now Refusing Gun & Ammo Sales To Law Enforcement
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
RE: I've often said that if the people can't be armed,
by JP Bill / February 24, 2013 12:57 PM PST

I've often said that if the people can't be armed, then the police also should not be armed.

That's right...I agree.

Military also....

NO GUNS FOR YOU!!!!

Good for the environment also...every time the police fire their weapon they have to fill out paperwork....this will save a tree, or if they file electronic reports....it will save the electricity they would have used on the computer. I will also be a lot quieter...less gunfire. They can't hit their target anyways.

Collapse -
O'darn, stop the bandit yourself
by Willy / February 24, 2013 2:37 PM PST

How does this benefit the people that depend on law enforcement? It's obviously a reaction to any law that restricts their sale to other outlets. They want their cake and eat it too. Afterall, aren't law enforcement pretty much doing what is expected of them if they have to fire their weapons? Are they suppose to be armed with bows and arrows if no bullets? Make all the statements you want, but by restricting sales where its needed isn't going to help law enforcement. They're not the ones breaking or trying to circumvent the laws. Silliness, nothing but from both sides. I'm sure anything that restricts the sales of firearms and bullets from manufacturing is bound to get a bad rap from them. At the same time, constricting citizen rights is becoming more and more a way of life for law makers, so why not restrict sales to all law making people rather than law enforcement. -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
Something interesting
by TONI H / February 24, 2013 9:00 PM PST

Politicians can put pressure on the banks to stop doing business with gun manufacturers, but still want those manufacturers to provide the bullets and guns their own LEO need and require. You can't have it both ways......

Collapse -
Does anyone know IF
by JP Bill / February 24, 2013 9:28 PM PST
In reply to: Something interesting

These companies that refuse to sell ammo to law enforcement even do any business with them anyway?

IF they want to cut off their nose to spite their face...Go for it.

I saw that there are thousands of ammo and weapons dealers in the US...44 is a very small percentage. They can always get their ammo from Mexico....Same place as the criminals. Or Russia. or China.

How do you like them apples?

Collapse -
I hope they enjoy all that import paper work then
by James Denison / February 24, 2013 10:11 PM PST
In reply to: Does anyone know IF

Not to mention the misfires from using Chinese ammo.

Collapse -
Obama creates jobs
by JP Bill / February 24, 2013 10:59 PM PST

Shuffling paper and funerals.

Collapse -
So even you concede
by TONI H / February 24, 2013 10:59 PM PST
In reply to: Does anyone know IF

that most of the arms and ammo that criminals have are coming from Mexico and not necessarily nearby states like Indiana and Virginia? hmmmmm........maybe my tormenting really IS changing your mind on some things.

Collapse -
I didn't concede anything....
by JP Bill / February 24, 2013 11:13 PM PST
In reply to: So even you concede
maybe my tormenting

BUT I notice you concede that you "torment"
Collapse -
If you aren't conceding to the
by TONI H / February 25, 2013 2:20 AM PST

debate side that guns and ammo come in illegally from Mexico why would you bring it up?

Collapse -
RE: why would you bring it up?
by JP Bill / February 25, 2013 3:49 AM PST

That's what some think....Just letting them know ...I know what they think. Doesn't mean I believe it.

Guns and ammo go south to Mexico....Drugs come North to USA....They trade drugs for guns...I'll regret mentioning this, (not really) but I will, Project Gunrunner...a project intended to stem the flow of firearms into Mexico.

Jump on THAT bandwagon/platform Toni.

Collapse -
Project Gunrunner was started
by TONI H / February 25, 2013 4:28 AM PST

during the Bush administration, and from what I've read and heard, it never got off the ground because it didn't have much support. It kind of died a painless death until Holder and the ATF resurrected, transformed it into something else entirely (much like BO transformed America) called Fast & Furious, and it all blew up in their faces when our own got killed. Now we just have to unbury the truth they have concealed by unlawful use of Executive Privilege about it so far successfully.

Was that good enough for you?

Collapse -
If no armed law enforcement
by James Denison / February 24, 2013 10:07 PM PST

then by necessity the people will need to be armed. Sounds like a plan to me! About time to turn things around. Maybe the govt can crank up that old arms factory at West Point and start issuing muskets again. Wink

Collapse -
Shops
by Willy / February 25, 2013 12:50 AM PST

I'm sure there are gun makers still in the US but find it that they are owned by outside interests. When things got so lawyered-up on whatever, they sold they're interests or do what was needed to protect themselves and/or get themselves all the money they can and bow out.

From I've seen at shops, too many are from outside sources, except maybe for custom or special types. There are the classic makers but geezz do we guns from Croatia, or Belrus(sp) or maybe China too. W&S is owned by an English co. and heck who can for a plain jane pistol that seems like crap anyways except the price. I'll guess I'll dig-up my ole Rocket slingshot and replace the tubes for back-up. Wink -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
Get a Highpoint
by James Denison / February 25, 2013 5:35 AM PST
In reply to: Shops
Collapse -
(NT) so advocating anarchy and let the fastest survive
by Roger NC / February 25, 2013 6:39 AM PST
Collapse -
No Roger
by James Denison / February 25, 2013 9:12 AM PST

Let's just call it community involvement for neighborhood safety.

Collapse -
ok, not advocating anarchy, but you want to stop
by Roger NC / February 25, 2013 10:16 AM PST
In reply to: No Roger

law enforcement from being able to stop the bad guys.

You're happy at the thought of law enforcement being deprived of ammo. You want everyone to have to defend themself. Have you thought of the fact the cops won't be able to defend their home?

Hmmmm, this should be great for ammo sales to individuals. Even the local news covering how the ammo supply is short, can't find it, people going everywhere to find another case to stockpile.

I betting price will be going up. So by refusing to sell to law enforcemnt, are these manufacturers protesting or hoping to push the market price up? Actually I doubt that was the first thought, but it may be a nice collaral effect for them, makes it easy to make a political statement if it actually makes you money isn't it.

In your community involvement anyone that can't kill doesn't deserve protection, survival of the toughest and most ruthless. What happens to the sick or weak that live alone barely taking care of themselves? Are you volunteering to strap on your guns and protect them?

Collapse -
Roger
by James Denison / February 25, 2013 1:14 PM PST

I'm not happy of anyone that's not crazy being deprived of their rights to have a gun and ammo. Every other tactic has been tried it seems to drive home the need and meaning of the Second Amendment. Maybe creating an inequality between citizens and certain state's police departments will wake them up to the truth.

I don't think this move has anything to do with market forces, to drive up prices, Obama's done enough of that already. I do think it's a sacrifice the gun manufacturers and the ammo suppliers are willing to make now, to try and insure their current and future markets remaining available. They have as much right to boycott as anyone else does to drive a point home.

Collapse -
Doesn't it seem a little ironic to you
by TONI H / February 25, 2013 2:41 PM PST

that the politicians making these new 'laws' have no problem with gun manufacturers keeping the supply going for LEO but the gun manufacturer ITSELF can't purchase what it makes when the Constitution actually GIVES them the right to do so?

The only way I see any of these new gun control bills being passed is by EO because BO can't even get his own party to support and vote on it, including his biggest lapdog, Reid, stating that he can't get it passed in the Dem controlled Senate.

I see the gun manufacturers and dealers refusing to sell to LEO as a way of protest and nothing more. As the owner of the supplies, they have every right to refuse to sell to ANYONE, just as a restaurant has the right to refuse service. Even if BO uses EO to get the gun control bill he wants, he can't force manufacturers to sell by picking and choosing by government force the customers they have to sell to and who they cannot sell to. So what's next......government takeover of the gun companies in order to make sure LEO still gets their weapons and ammo? That would smack in the face of the laws that specifically say that government can't go into business that competes against private enterprise....especially if that private enterprise gets shut out of the market completely (much like what will slowly happen with private insurance companies and I see more lawsuits over that coming down the pike).

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.