Samsung forum

General discussion

40" Samsung LN-S4095D LCD with distorted blurred colors

by Sidney_s / February 19, 2010 10:44 AM PST

I have a 40" Samsung LN-S4095D (almost tree years old) and it has this problem with colors, for the last 1,5 year, that was intermitent at first, but now the problem is there all the time.
The colors are kind of blurred and over-saturated, amd all solid color images are blurred with other colors over (like in clouds on a blue sky there is a faint haze of pink on the clouds).
On faces there are glowing stains of white and any solid color image has a haze of other colors over it.
It is like this for any source and it is not a problem with cables or sources.
I opened up the back of the TV and checked the capacitors and everything is ok with them.
I think it might be either the Main PCB board or the T-con board.
I have to import these boards to Brazil, to try to fix it.
So, if I buy any of these boards I would not be able to return it in case it is not one of them.
So, as you can see, I am in a dilema of wich board to choose to try to fix the TV.
I don't wich one of these is more probably to be faulty for this kind of problem.
Is there anybody that had similar problem and can share the solution?

Can any Samsung HD-Tech give any sugestion based on the descripition of the problem.

Any suggestions please?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: 40" Samsung LN-S4095D LCD with distorted blurred colors
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: 40" Samsung LN-S4095D LCD with distorted blurred colors
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 20, 2010 7:29 AM PST

I can't offer part suggestions for the simple reason that if my diagnosis is wrong, then people "blame Samsung for a faulty diagnosis". I'd have to recommend that you have your unit inspected by a tech.

Collapse -
by Sidney_s / February 20, 2010 11:16 AM PST

I have shown it to a repair tech here alrealdy and he don't know what is going on.

He made the same two guesses I did, that it is either the main Board or the T-Con board.

But because I have to import these boards (my TV was bought in US), so I am alone on this.

Samsung in Brazil washed thier hands even when the TV was under warranty (I had a different problem), saying they couldn't help me becuase it was a imported TV.

I will appreciate any suggestions even if it is only saying that for the type o problem my TV has (by description) the most likely part to be failling is this or that.

Collapse -
by polocountry / September 4, 2010 12:12 AM PDT

Great corporate response! Instead of "blam[ing] Samsung for a faulty diagnosis, I'll blame them for building inferior products that don't last outside the warranty. Indeed, we should expect more than three/four years service (I bought mine in October 2006). When Samsung makes products that are more than "good enough" to get them past the warranty period, I will buy their product again. Shame on you.

Collapse -
Samsung LN-S4095D LCD with distorted blurred colors
by Sidney_s / March 11, 2010 3:19 PM PST
Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.