TVs & Home Theaters forum

3D tv display

by Wyngs / November 10, 2013 12:38 PM PST

I have an older Mitsubishi 60in tv and a sony blu-ray player. I also have 3rd party 3d adapter which sits beneath the tv.

The problem is sometimes the 3D movies work great, and at other times I get a double picture (one below the other about half a screen).

This doesn't seem to be DVD related as a DVD that plays well today may not tomorrow.

Also, the blu-ray plays non-3D discs, and the same problem exists with them - in the non-3D mode of course.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I've a feeling it is operator error, but have been unable to pin it down.

Thanks in advance.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: 3D tv display
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: 3D tv display
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Tell us more of the 3D adapter & the rest
by Pepe7 / November 10, 2013 1:44 PM PST
In reply to: 3D tv display

Without specific makes/models of all involved, it's no more than guesses. Also provide some title examples of DVD & BD discs that give you issues.

(Do you have the latest firmware for all devices, btw?)

Collapse -
by Wyngs / November 11, 2013 3:44 PM PST

Mitsubishi 3D Adapter Model 3DC-1000

Panasonic Bly-ray Disc Player (sorry. I said Sony above). Model DMP-BDT 100 DMP-BDT105 (I have no idea why it should have two model numbers).

Mitsubishi DLP high definition tevision 735 Series WD-60735

Hope that helps.

Collapse -
by Wyngs / November 11, 2013 4:00 PM PST

Up to date firmware - no. The units are not hooked to a phone line or the internet.

All Answers

Collapse -
I think you have selected the incorrect...
by Oldartq / November 10, 2013 2:43 PM PST

2D to 3D format. On my system, the only format that works is the front to back. The left to right or up to down doesn't work. Try again and see which would work with your system. Good luck.

Collapse -
by Wyngs / November 11, 2013 7:00 AM PST

You could be right but "front to back - left right" etc snows me. I have no idea what you are talking about?

Will get more equipment info posted when I get home later today.

Collapse -
My equipments are LG tv and Panasonic BDP.
by Oldartq / November 11, 2013 9:53 AM PST
In reply to: Formats?

The 2D to 3D conversion is in the tv (in my system). I don't know if yours will be the same or not. In my LG there is a selections as I have mention plus some other 3D adjustment as well.

Collapse -
by Wyngs / November 11, 2013 3:52 PM PST

Okay, I guess it was too early last time I read your post. Although front to back is still a mystery. And top-bottom is new to me. I thought they were always left right.

If I have those other selections I sure can't find them. But thank you for the education. This tv is not, however, 3D without the external adapter.

I did finally find the tv manual tucked away with the wii stuff, but haven't had a chance to dig into it yet. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Collapse -
Ok, just curious.
by Oldartq / November 12, 2013 3:52 AM PST
In reply to: Haha

Which converter do you have. Just did a little looking. It seem there are tons of them out there. I notice even the color glasses are back.

Collapse -
Ignore the coverter question.
by Oldartq / November 12, 2013 3:55 AM PST
In reply to: Ok, just curious.

Just notice it.

Collapse -
Ok back to business.
by Oldartq / November 12, 2013 4:17 AM PST

You can only play the 3d blue ray discs. You probably need to turn off the 3D function if you are playing a non-3d disc (just a guess). Yeah, check the manual.

Collapse -
by Wyngs / November 12, 2013 11:43 AM PST
In reply to: Ok back to business.

Yes, if the movie is blu-ray non-3D I have to turn off the 3D mode on the tv. There is a selection for that. And still, sometimes I get this split screen effect with double pictures.

Will be digging into the manuals here a bit deeper in the next few days. Hopefully I'll come up with something. I've a half dozen 3D movies here that I've never got to watch. (grin)

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.