TVs & Home Theaters

Question

3D TV

by tamibeth / January 17, 2012 11:17 AM PST

I'm thinking of getting a 3D TV......any recommendations?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: 3D TV
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: 3D TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
OLED 3D TV
by enddylopez / January 17, 2012 4:48 PM PST
In reply to: 3D TV

Why don't' you wait for the OLED 3D TVs that are going to be released later this year?

Collapse -
Answer
3D TV
by soursjohnny / January 18, 2012 9:55 AM PST

I have a Samsung 3D TV but I'm not watching anything in 3D anymore....
i think my eyes are not good enough for 3D maybe...
3D glasses are annoying and when it starts blinking, it gives me a headache.
Hopefully, OLED can prove to be different. Lets see for sure when they start showing up as displays in retailers.

Collapse -
Answer
No sale here.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 18, 2012 10:09 AM PST
Collapse -
Answer
If you have time and money
by Ewilde / January 18, 2012 4:23 PM PST

If you have both time and money I would wait for LGs passive 55" oled that should be hitting stores Q3 2012 but its going to be the same price as the very high end models now.

Collapse -
it you have time and money
by Boothbay / January 20, 2012 10:41 PM PST

may i ask how do you know this, if the product has not been released till the 3rd quarter...? Do you work for the company or are you reading hype in pre informed magazines?

Collapse -
I know that too..
by soursjohnny / January 25, 2012 1:45 PM PST

i don't work for LG but i know that too..it's just came from news about CES2012...
is it so wrong that i'm interested in CES???

Collapse -
LG dates
by Ewilde / January 31, 2012 2:15 PM PST

LG posted the information during CES its from the company it self. They did not give any firm dates just 2012 Q3. I did read in a news article that they are prepared to make 48,000 of them a month.

Collapse -
Answer
LG and Direct TV
by cnetred / January 20, 2012 9:40 AM PST

I bought an LG with passive 3D two months ago. You use the same kind of polaroid glasses as you do in a theater. I and 2 of my grandchildren went to see Puss n' Boots and kept the theater glasses. We brought them to my house to see if they would work with the LG TV 3D programs. Direct TV has five 3D stations at the moment and we watched several programs. All 3 of us loved it, and I am 73 years old and have had no headaches since I started watching it. I have to wear glasses with prisms in them to adjust my regular sight. I just wear the three D glasses in front of them.

ray-dillon@comcast.net

Collapse -
I also have LG passive 3D
by nimzy8849 / January 31, 2012 12:17 PM PST
In reply to: LG and Direct TV

I also have LG 3D Cinema TV and I'm happy about it.
It has a wide viewing angle so that I can watch 3D even layin down.
Only negative thing tho is I get too many popcorn crumbs in my couch. Sad

Collapse -
I've also never had any problem
by tommyseth / February 5, 2012 3:37 PM PST
In reply to: LG and Direct TV

I've also never had any problem when I watched movies in 3D with LG Cinema 3D. There used to be a lack of content when I first got it but LG came through with a couple firmware updates that added some nice apps for their smart TV.

Collapse -
Answer
Panasonic VT30
by kydna / January 20, 2012 9:14 PM PST

I have the Panasonic Viera VT30. LOVE it! Have had no problems watching 3D on it besides the dearth of 3D DVD's. The colors are impeccable, the blacks are black. Somewhat pricey, but worth it. Also look at the ST30. Haven't viewed one, but is a little less expensive than the VT30... and yes, bigger is better when it comes to a 3D set. I own the 55", sit about 10-12ft. away from it, which makes for a pretty immersive experience.

Collapse -
:) Think LG and Panassonic have good 3D TV
by nate_kan / January 29, 2012 2:11 PM PST
In reply to: Panasonic VT30

I guess LG and Panasonic have a good 3D screen. I have a LG LW6500 myself and I'm very happy with it.

Collapse -
Answer
Is that true user can control the 3D depth?
by richardtravis16 / January 31, 2012 3:51 PM PST

Is that true user can control the 3D depth?
If so, Thank God..That was the only reason I hesitated buying a 3D TV....
sometimes too much 3D depth can make me dizzy.

Collapse -
Answer
It there portable 3d tv out there?
by ssseanjohn / February 2, 2012 1:22 PM PST

is there portable 3d tv out there?
that will be so cool:D

Collapse -
Answer
getting a 3D TV but there are conditions my mom has for TVs
by jjjjohnmark / February 2, 2012 1:52 PM PST

I plan on getting a 3D TV soon but there are conditions my mom has for the TV,
shes read up on a a lot of them so.
1- It can't flicker or blink or whatever.
2- The glasses cant have the batteries in it.
mom says it will be too expensive.

Collapse -
active 3D
by pinkzroxor / March 12, 2012 11:03 AM PDT

Your mom must be talking about active 3D.. not the kind my eyes are fit for
The three major TV brands that use active 3D are Samsung, Sony, and Panasonic. So if you're against active 3D, I would avoid those three brands..
LG and Vizio uses passive 3D. My first experience with passive 3D was LG 55LW6500 and it was one of the best experiences of my life.
I have a friend who owns a Vizio 3D TV that invites me over to watch a 3D movie sometimes and I must say the 3D wasn't as good and there was a lot of light bleeding on the vizio.

Collapse -
Answer
I would recommend.
by jkowzer / February 2, 2012 5:13 PM PST

I would recommend the LG LW6500. Its a great TV. If you have cash to spend, I suggest looking into the OLED TVs by LG and Samsung. They look splendid.

Collapse -
Recommendation
by robert1tech / February 5, 2012 8:50 AM PST
In reply to: I would recommend.

Yeah I second this, you will need more just a few extra dollars for and OLED but that picture is going to be so nice! I am a fan of the passive 3D though and that will be on either of those sets.

Collapse -
I just got one
by tvmangj / February 7, 2012 4:02 PM PST
In reply to: I would recommend.

i just got one I was wondering about calibration, I want to get 100% out of it but its a great TV

Collapse -
Answer
I think 55LW6500 is perfect for your situation.
by tommyseth / February 8, 2012 10:00 AM PST

I think 55LW6500 is perfect for your situation. No flickering, no batteries, lightweight. I think these attributes are most-fitting in your situation.

Collapse -
Answer
A lot of people have answered
by robert1tech / February 8, 2012 11:01 AM PST

Did you get a TV? Everyone here recommend the LW5600 or LW6500. Keep us up dated.

Collapse -
desperately looking for a 3D TV
by lkacy / February 14, 2012 12:45 PM PST

<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">Guys!! I am desperately looking for a great 3D TV and so far I got $780. I need this 3D TV set so badly because I want to watch the Europe Nations cup and if possible the final of this year's champions league which is going to continue soon. Your help please?

Collapse -
Maybe amazon
by robert1tech / February 14, 2012 1:33 PM PST

How much money will you have at the time of the game and where are you located?

Collapse -
Planning to go for LW6500
by lkacy / February 20, 2012 2:08 PM PST
In reply to: Maybe amazon

<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">I planned on getting a VT30 but I got to see a demo of some TVs and the LW6500 and the XBRHX929 had better 3D.

Collapse -
here
by JimmyFukyushu / February 14, 2012 3:31 PM PST
Collapse -
How is the picture quality like?
by lkacy / February 20, 2012 2:12 PM PST
In reply to: here

<span id="INSERTION_MARKER"> thanks dude. I just looked through the web site, and I found that $55 is what I have to add to my $780 in order to get the LW5600. Are wall mount brackets included? It doesn't say on the site. And how is the picture quality like compare to other brands like Sammy?

Collapse -
As good
by robert1tech / February 21, 2012 11:00 AM PST

Better

to spare you a super long story sammy edge lit TVs have a lot of problems with color burn and flicker (not even the 3D ind) from the start just read any number of forums or posts here.

Stick with the LW5600 but you can probably get a LW6500 on sale.

Collapse -
Answer
Choosing a 3D TV must be easy if you like Fruit Ninja
by media_tech_pro / May 29, 2012 3:03 PM PDT

Choosing a 3D TV must be easy if you like Fruit Ninja. The famous game for our iPhone/iPad/Xbox Kinect can also be enjoyed on our LG 3D TVs. The difference is of course it's in 3D so check this video out. A Fruit Ninja Girl gets a good workout with LG's 3D Gesture Cam Game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-orKAJiRuI

Collapse -
Answer
Wait till the launch of OLED TV
by derrickscottie / July 1, 2012 7:11 PM PDT

You should wait a few months for the OLED TVs to come out. Both LG and Samsung are about to release one very soon. I myself can't wait for the release. I'm personally leaning more on LG's though.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.