LG forum

Question

(32LM5800 Full HD LED 3D TV) VS (32LM6690 CINEMA 3D SMART )

by Re_Sword / June 14, 2012 10:51 AM PDT

Hi guys,
As the topic title says, what is the difference between those 2 models :
32LM5800 Full HD LED 3D TV (also 42LM5800)
32LM6690 CINEMA 3D SMART (also 42LM6690l)

As ihe price difference is more than 150$, and i may buy one of them.
And thanks in advance ^_^

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: (32LM5800 Full HD LED 3D TV) VS (32LM6690 CINEMA 3D SMART )
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: (32LM5800 Full HD LED 3D TV) VS (32LM6690 CINEMA 3D SMART )
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
The list is longer than I'll type here.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 14, 2012 10:55 AM PDT

One's a HDTV, the other has all those apps and other features.

Frankly if a retailer will not go over the differences, they don't deserve the sale.
Bob

Collapse -
The mainstay differences
by Re_Sword / June 16, 2012 12:16 AM PDT

So, what are "those features" exactly? (just the cornerstone ones)
I need an expert opinion, something i can not get from the TV catalog

Let me become more specific:
1- Is there is any difference regarding the visual experience/ image quality?
2- What can i get from the internet feature rather than just browsing and playing videos from here and there, are there - for example- certain 3D channels that i can access through the internet for free?
3- What are the software programs that come with the smart TV?
4- is there is any difference Regarding 2D to 3D conversion ability?

A question by the way, does any/both TVs can emerge and read subtitle file with movie? (like PC)
Thanks again

Collapse -
1. Find
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 16, 2012 6:26 AM PDT

I'd see the set in person to make a call on display quality. In fact my not expert opinion is to not pay a dime for "Smart TV" since the HDTV makers have a long ways to go today. For example, no Hulu.com, and bugs aplenty that you can't get them to fix. Example? Read
http://forums.cnet.com/7723-21568_102-565557/usb-video-stops-playing-after-a-while/?tag=contentBody;threadListing

2. There is some new 3D content on some of the players (YouTube) but the brutal fact is this is in its infancy so you have to have a thick skin and accept the failures.

3. Again, the list is too long for me to list. It is at the LG site so why not look?

4. NO! NOT ONE HAS DONE THIS LIKE A PC! There is no PC inside and no player I've seen has the capability to work as well as your common PC.

From your post it appears you want a PC connected or inside the HDTV. Let's be clear that there is nothing like a PC in these Smart TVs so far. All are shadows when compared to a PC.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
smart feature

(http://www.lg.com/ae/common/compare/products-compare-result.jsp?CatID=8214&BURL=%2Fae%2Fhome-entertainment%2Flcd-tv-led-tv-plasma-tv%2Findex.jsp)
You can view the comparision here.

As far as I can see from the chart, the major differences are:

one, 6690 has smart feature together with a 3 mode magic remote.

two, 6690 has Dual Play mode together with 2 pairs of dual play glasses though they both have 3D function.

Picture qualities are similar so I guess it all depends on how much you rely on a smart TV.

Collapse -
Thanks
by Re_Sword / June 18, 2012 11:53 PM PDT
In reply to: smart feature

Thanks R. Proffitt & perterhannity very much Happy
I have found an installment offer from B.TECH called "the minicash system"
So i find my self in front of 3 options:
1- Buy 32LM6690 CINEMA 3D SMART TV ( which i can pay for it cash)
2- Try to "squeeze" more on my wallet and go for 42LM5800 Full HD LED 3D TV (only about 160$ over 32LM6690 CINEMA 3D SMART TV )
3- Accept the offer and take 47LM6690 3D SMART TV (but i will have to pay for B.TECH monthly for 2 yrs ugggh Angry )
Any advisement ?
& thanks guys again for your concern

Collapse -
No.3
by perterhannity / July 1, 2012 6:43 PM PDT
In reply to: Thanks

personal opinion: No.3
TV is not a pair of shoes which you might throw it away a year later. It's better to invest the money wisely in a good TV like 47LM6690

Collapse -
Answer
design
by pinkzroxor / July 1, 2012 7:09 PM PDT

The main difference that anybody could tell is probably the design. Another thing is the remote. LM5800 doesn't have the magic remote which is what makes the LG TVs stand out amongst other smart TVs. If you have the extra $150 then definitely go for the LM6690.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.