Tablets

General discussion

300 - 400 Tablet

by Th3taJ / December 10, 2011 2:38 PM PST

<span id="INSERTION_MARKER"><span id="INSERTION_MARKER"><span id="INSERTION_MARKER">I've been researching different tablets for enjoying media/social networking and I was
originally only looking to pay 200 for a tablet. <span><span><span>

<div><span><span><span>After learning more, I
understand that price is definatley a factor in production value, survivabilty,
and usability.So now I'm looking for the best that I can</div><span><span><span>

<span><span><span>I need something that will last me a while I would appreciate is if it had could fuction as a Calendar, To Do List, Skype, and use Internet.

<span><span><span>I live in the USA

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: 300 - 400 Tablet
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: 300 - 400 Tablet
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Duplicate?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 10, 2011 11:42 PM PST
In reply to: 300 - 400 Tablet
Collapse -
Not a duplicate, just another inquiry.
by Th3taJ / December 11, 2011 1:02 AM PST
In reply to: Duplicate?

Yeah, the price has gone up now that I know a little more. I haven't actually seen that HP touchpad for 200. I was thinking of getting that one anyway, but I wanted to check what the best one was in 300-400 price range or does it not really change?

Collapse -
Sorry but I can't do best.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 11, 2011 1:06 AM PST

With prices moving faster than usual what is best for the buck moves too fast for me to give any answer.

I would go with the names. Even if the name is Viewsonic.
Bob

Collapse -
I see
by Th3taJ / December 11, 2011 2:58 AM PST

Thank you Bob.

Any other opinions? I'm really just weighing my options with the little money I have. I want to find out what the best tablets I can find for a higher price and see if it's worth saving more money as opposed to getting something under 200 that may not be as good.

Collapse -
I see sub 400 at link.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 11, 2011 4:24 AM PST
In reply to: I see
http://www.geeks.com/products_sc.asp?Cat=1260

Hmm, that Galaxy, the Xoom as well.

Let me warn you about the lesser tablets. Some don't have multi-touch, the android market, g sensors, etc. If you don't get the basics you may be unhappy.
Bob
Collapse -
Today on woot.com
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 11, 2011 11:37 PM PST
In reply to: 300 - 400 Tablet

A 160 buck Vizio with all the items but refurb. REMEMBER what we discussed about "Apps."

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.