Mac Applications forum

General discussion

2d CAD Software

by Space_Penguin / October 9, 2012 12:50 AM PDT

Hey guys!

Was wondering what you guys think of Microspot MacDraft Pro? Thinking about purchasing the full version having used a friends computer for a few days and fallen in love with it! Im very keen to purchase but wanted a few more opinions before I commit, I've popped a link below if your aren't familiar with the product.

http://www.microspot.com/products/macdraft/index.htm

Hope you can help! Happy

Space_Penguin

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: 2d CAD Software
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: 2d CAD Software
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I can only guess why you didn't go with AutoCad.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 12, 2012 5:05 AM PDT
In reply to: 2d CAD Software
http://store.apple.com/us/product/H8695LL/A is the grand daddy of CAD for such things. But there are folk that don't use AutoCad and just need a mechanical drawing app.

If so, my only comment is to be sure the drawings export to AutoCad.
Bob
Collapse -
AutoCad Price!
by Space_Penguin / October 14, 2012 6:17 PM PDT

Thanks bob!

Although AutoCAD is king in this sector I can't afford to spend that much money it! was looking for a cheaper alternative, thanks for the reply though Happy

Space_Penguin

Collapse -
My memory comes back.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 15, 2012 12:28 AM PDT
In reply to: AutoCad Price!

If this is the old MacDraft of old, definitely a nice tool. See if they've been at it for over 20 years.
Bob

Collapse -
MacDraft of old
by Space_Penguin / October 15, 2012 6:18 PM PDT
In reply to: My memory comes back.

Yeh i've done a bit of research and turns out they had their 25th year anniversary in 2010! its been going for some time! Worth a go I think

Space_Penguin

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.