PC Applications forum

General discussion

2 problems with WinTV-PVR-USB2. Can't get all cable channels

by sfjoyboy / August 20, 2005 11:58 PM PDT

Hi guys,

I just got a new pc and installed this software yesterday and I'm havinng two problems. The first is that, after connecting my cable directly (bypassing the box) and auto scanning the channels (it found about 80 in the 125 channel scan), I couldn't find out how to add other channels like the National Geographic channel, which is 273 on my cable box. Is there a way to add channels that don't fall within 1-125? My friend says I could put the cable box inline but then I would have to change the channels using the cable box remote which would not allow me to schedule multiple recordings on multiple channels using the scheduler since it would just record whatever channel the cable box was set to.

The second problem is with 4-channel sound. My pc is set up to play audio thru my pc speakers and my home stereo speakers. Everything works fine, internet radio, DVD's CD's but when watching TV I can only get 2-channel sound. Is there a way to configure WinTV to 4-channel audio?

I know some of you use this program so I'm hoping you'll be able to help.

Thanks in advance,
Doug

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: 2 problems with WinTV-PVR-USB2. Can't get all cable channels
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: 2 problems with WinTV-PVR-USB2. Can't get all cable channels
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.