E-readers forum

General discussion

1SaleADay Scam - BN Nook

by williaa / February 16, 2011 6:05 AM PST

I recently order a BN Nook for a vendor Cnet mention in a post. I believe it was mentioned in a Cheapskate post. The vendor is 1SaleADay. The vendor listing stated "order now and get delivery before Valentine Day. I place my order 02 Feb 2011. It's now 16 Feb, and I have no Nook, no response to several phone calls and emails; the biggest negative is no Nook for my wife. She really wants a Nook. I love Cnet and value the recommendation and opinion posted daily. I just thought that I'd let you know the deal. By the way my order # is 98325648, just in case you want to start a Cnet style investigation

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: 1SaleADay Scam - BN Nook
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: 1SaleADay Scam - BN Nook
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Did you email them as requested?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 16, 2011 6:07 AM PST
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/1_Sale_a_Day

"

"Dear Customer, We had a glitch with uploading tracking. The Nooks were shipped out already. You should be receiving tracking shortly. Sorry about the inconvenience and scare. Please feel free to e-mail support with any questions or concerns. Sincerely."

"
Collapse -
SNookered
by williaa / February 17, 2011 1:53 AM PST

Thanks for your response... Response. I work as a Sr. Project Manager for the World's largest fixed satellite services company. I believe that the reason we are number 1 is that we response to our customer inquiries no matter what the issue or cost. We also try to stay in front of issues by keeping our customer and the industry in general of operational issues. I will continue to use your service due to the low price. Please keep in mind that your industry is customer driven and great customer service is the key... Just ask Sprint. They got it and have improved their service. Now they are reaping the benefit of change.

Collapse -
Weathered
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 17, 2011 1:59 AM PST
In reply to: SNookered

Just a few months ago and again last year a company was beat up over late deliveries. The buyer did not want to hear about the weather, they just wanted their product.

Today we suffer from computer glitches too. And when that happens the buyer will not accept that either.

If there is a place for brick and mortar, it will be folk that want it now and will bring it home now.
Bob

Collapse -
Weathered
by williaa / February 17, 2011 5:33 AM PST
In reply to: Weathered

I get your point. I do understand that environmental issue as well as others are thing out of the vendors control. Brick and mortal can't garantee receipt of deliveries under those conditions. My point is get in from of the issues instead of throwing customer to canned responses, no response to inquiries or just plain old making it impossible for the customer to reach a human being.

After, several phone calls and/or email (which generally is the only way for most consumer to reach e retailers) customer are left with a sense of either theft or scam. A timely response would have sufficed.

Again, this was my first experience with this e-tailer. I don't generally give the benefit of doubt, however, I will in this instance because they asked. I appreciate the request.

Collapse -
You are Mixed up
by krubby / February 19, 2011 4:46 PM PST
In reply to: Weathered

You are completely mixed up I believe. The 1Saleaday deal on the Nooks was on February 9th. Nowhere on the site did they promise delivery prior to Valentine's day.

Here is the link to the Cheapskate blog for the deal (again, on 2/9)

By the way, I ordered one of these, and so did a coworker. We both got them this last Friday 2/18.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13845_3-20031145-58.html?tag=mncol;title

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.