I'm sorely confused by that point since there are other solutions available unless one doesn't look for them.
1. It doesn?t come with a charger, you can only charge it through the computer, through his dedicated apple cable (not a standard mini USB). A charger is 30 Euro or so?
2. poor shuffle/replay modes. only: shuffle all(absolutely all) songs, or if you have ?shuffle? activated, it shuffles whatever you got in the playlist (also it is a long way through the menu to activate or deactivate shuffle mode).
3. It doesn?t have a function that stops the it after x minutes or at a certain hour (which is useful if you want to listen to music when You fall asleep)
4. Your music is classified by the ID3tag info, not by directories that You have in your computer (that can not be copied as directories to ipod, the mp3-s are copied with different names like ZGDZ.mp3 in his own named directories), so You better have good id3-tags
5. You can only upload through iTunes. Think of the consequences yourself
6. The earbuds are weak at some songs and also lack bass. They also start to emit a ticking sound after a while of use (I think this is a common ipod headphones issue).
7. the backlight is too strong (yeah, there is such thing). In darkness it?s disturbing to look at it
8. accessories are ridiculously expensive
9. You can?t zoom on pictures (there is a software though that enables You to zoom and also view video I think)
10. short battery life (and no interchangeable battery also)
11. no recorder (or fm tuner or stuff like that)
12. occasional bugs:
a. the three bars that are supposed to swap when pressing the central button while the song is displayed (elapsed+remaining time, search bar, stars status), didn?t swap any more and it only showed me the search bar.
b. songs weren?t added to the ?recently added? playlist
c. it didn?t show me the pictures that were uploaded
a) DESIGN (looks great, very thin, fits your pocket really nice, the touchwheel is nice)
b) Quality sound at least with circumaural headphones (full-ear headphones)
c) The search bar is nice (instead of FF or RW)
PS: this is't as much a manifesto as it is a helpful advice. if You read the marks above, and would still like to buy an ipod nano, I have nothing against it, so don't tell me what an idiot I am if You don't agree with me.