We kind of love the concept of Traces, a new social app that lets you leave things like music, tickets, texts, and other fun things inside a GPS-marked, augmented reality "bubble" for your friends to find via their devices. Also today, Harvard's Kilobots work together to create different shapes, and Tom Scott makes his friends drive an obstacle course.
That last one sounds pretty boring, until you realize he made them wear video goggles and forced them to "see" in a third-person perspective via a following drone. Then it's a little crazy.
Tomorrow Daily 036 [mp3]: Augmented reality social media, a cooperative robot swarm, and more
Here are some links and notes for all the things on the show today:
- Traces app hopes to tie social interaction, technology, and augmented reality together
- Harvard University shows off swarm of 1,024 Kilobots that can self-assemble
- UK host Tom Scott makes his friends drive a car from a third-person POV
- Sink or Swim: Smart Bedding
- User feedback: Your #TDSweatTat tweets, and our Phonetographer of the Day
Of course, you can find us everywhere on social media. Like, follow, and heart us as you desire!