Green news harvest: Climate bill scorecard, Bill Gates bails on ethanol
The Renewable Energy Business Network expands; there's a call for a moratorium on ocean iron fertilization; biomass attracts some more bucks; and Matt Damon hearts Tesla.
Here's a sampling of the latest green-tech news, along with quick commentary.
- Gates set to dump half his stake in Pacific Ethanol - The Sacramento Bee
A reflection of investor discontent with the biofuels industry.
- New Renewable Network Hopes to Make Greentech Connections - Greentech Media
Schmoozing leads to business. The Renewable Energy Business Network expands chapters and incorporates as a nonprofit with new sponsors.
- Ocean Seeding Banned Until More Research - Earth2Tech
This is really just the opening phase of what I expect to be a much bigger debate about 'fixes' to climate change.
- American Biomass funded for wood-fueled home heating - VentureBeat
I'm a pellet stove guinea pig and a customer of this company. I wrote about my on Earth Day this year.
- Showtime: Your Guide to Today's Senate Climate Bill Slugfest - The Wall Street Journal
For those of you keeping score at home, check out the debate lines on a climate bill that is not expected to go through.
- Matt Damon Caught Test Driving Tesla Prototype: Wants One! - Autofiends.com
Although Damon confesses to be an electric-car geek, he shows himself to be a totally normal guy--wicked excited about the quick acceleration.