Get a Fitbit Zip fitness tracker for $34.99
That's after redeeming a $25 cashback offer, which is way easier than a rebate. There's never been a better price on this popular wireless step-counter.
I'm fairly excited about today's deal, in part because it's a Cheapskate exclusive, and in part because it's the lowest price I've ever seen on this particular product.
For a limited time, you can get a Fitbit Zip fitness tracker for $34.99, shipped (plus sales tax). That's after taking advantage of an unparalleled cashback offer from TopCashback. Don't click through just yet, though, as important instructions follow.
First, let's talk about the Fitbit itself. It's a small clip-on gizmo that tracks your steps taken and calories burned, then syncs that information via Bluetooth to your Android or iOS smartphone. (Check the list of supported devices just to be safe.)
Though fairly basic relative to some of the newer health monitors, the Zip has won acclaim from users and professional reviewers alike.and called it "the best fitness tracker you can buy for under $60," and as you'll see shortly, nearly 500 Best Buy customers rated it 4.5 stars (out of 5) on average.
Speaking of $60, that's the list price on this gadget, and it's rare to see it for any less. However, by registering with cashback service TopCashback (which is free and easy to do), you can get a $25 rebate on the Zip, bringing your total cost down to $34.99 plus tax. Score!
Here's how to get the deal:
- If you don't already have a TopCashback account, sign up for one.
- After you've completed the registration process and signed into your account, click through to the TopCashback promo page for this offer. Read all the instructions and disclaimers. (There's no "gotcha," I assure you.)
- Near the top of that page, click the bright orange button marked "$25.00." That will take you to Best Buy's home page. You won't see any kind of cashback indicator from that point on, but rest assured, the proper magic is working behind the scenes.
- Search Best Buy's site for "Fitbit Zip." You should find it in four available colors -- magenta, blue, lime, and charcoal -- all priced at $59.99. Add one to your cart, then check out and pay for it like you normally would. (Don't buy anything else at the same time, otherwise your total cashback for the purchase will be just 2.5 percent.)
- And that's it! The next time you visit TopCashback, you should see a notification that your Best Buy visit was logged, and, soon after that, a record of your pending cashback.
So, when do you get your $25? In 60 to 90 days, at which time you can collect it via PayPal or direct deposit to your bank account. I've gone the former route and can attest that the company pays out exactly as promised. (I should also note that as a general rule, TopCashback offers higher rebate percentages than Ebates. Not always, but much of the time.)
All told, this is not much different than getting a traditional rebate, except you don't have to cut out a UPC code, copy a receipt, mail in a complicated form, and all that. And your payment comes in the form of digital cash, not a check or prepaid debit card. Sounds pretty sweet to me. The offer is good through Thursday, Jan. 16.
Bonus deal: Looking for some buds? I mean earbuds, of course. Today only, and while supplies last, DailySteals has the House of Marley Jammin' noise-isolating in-ear headset for $12, shipped. It's available in your choice of four colors and styles, each with an inline microphone/volume control, fabric-covered cord, and one-year warranty. (These are new, not refurbished.) Check out the seriously enthusiastic user reviews of the People Get Ready style over at Amazon. Ya, mon.
Deals found on The Cheapskate are subject to availability, expiration, and other terms determined by sellers.
Want to know more about The Cheapskate blog and how it works?.