Crave giveaway: Power Practical PowerPot V portable charger
Like to camp? Prone to power outages? Have a look at this week's freebie, a compact thermoelectric generator that charges your gadgets with the aid of pretty much any heat source.
Congrats to Barry J. of San Antonio, Texas, for winning part 2 of our CES swag giveaway last week. This week's prize is hot. Well, it will be after you place it on a gas or electric stove, or over a fire or other heat source.
The PowerPot V from Power Practical is a compact 12-ounce thermoelectric generator you can use to charge your devices. Just plug in the USB charging cable, add water, and place the aluminum pot over your heat source of choice. The PowerPot emits 5 watts of on-demand power.
"The Power Practical PowerPot V is a useful gadget for connected outdoor types, and $149 seems like a fair price for anywhere charging capability -- whether you're camping under the stars or hanging out at home during a power outage," CNET reviewer Megan Wollerton says.
But as the name suggests, the PowerPot V does more than charge gear. It's a real live pot, too, so you can get some cooking done while you charge your smartphone, tablet, or camera.
So what do you have to do to win this multitasker? Our official makers of rules have handed down a few guidelines, so please read carefully.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) Power Practical PowerPot V, with a retail value of $149.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until 12 p.m. ET on Monday, February 3.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. ET on Monday, February 3, 2014. See official rules for details.