Always On torture-test giveaway: One iPhone 4S (bricked)
It's just a little water damage -- or a lot of water damage. But we think you'll still want the iPhone 4S we washed in the washing machine. Anything can be fixed, right?
I hear a lot of geeks make jokes about "really pretty paperweights." Even some Android fans have been known to refer to the iPhone that way, just for amusement. In this case, it's ... kind of true.
We put the iPhone 4S through theback in season 1, and it was relatively tough, despite a nasty purple line on the screen after being dropped. But its unibody construction meant we could never dry it out enough to save it from a spin in the washing machine.
But I believe in miracles, and I'm sure someone, with a little tender loving care and possibly some money, can figure out how to get this thing fixed. So, if you'd like to be the proud owner of the Always On Collectors' Edition iPhone 4S, just enter to win in the comments below! I'll even autograph it for you (if you want me to)!
On to the rules part: here's how you can win.
- Register as a CNET user. Click the Join CNET link at the top of this page to start the registration process. If you're already registered, you don't need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. The comment can say anything you like -- funny, cute, mean (hopefully not mean), but we prefer entertaining. It doesn't really matter, but it's fun for everyone.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified. Sorry. And most importantly:
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) new iPhone 4S, with a pre-torture value of $599.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, Oct 22, at 12 p.m. ET.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. You have not yet won. Must be legal resident of one of the 50 United States or D.C., 18 years old or age of majority, whichever is older in your state of residence at date of entry into sweepstakes. Void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and possessions and where prohibited by law. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. ET on October 22, 2012. Seefor details.