LAS VEGAS--Giant displays that you'll never have the disposable income to afford have been around for years. On Thursday, Samsung confirmed that it intends to continue the trend, with the release of the Samsung SyncMaster MD230.
The display is sold in bundles of three and six with a custom stand included. According to Samsung, it is targeting what it calls "the power gamer," as well as business users with the device.
Samsung partnered with AMD-ATI's to use its Eyefinity technology to develop the screen.
According to Samsung, the MD230 features bezels that are 50 percent to 70 percent thinner than traditional displays, less than 10mm on all sides. Also, according to Samsung, this is the first display to bring a 5,760x2,160-pixel resolution to consumers.
The monitors can be set up in almost any combination needed--up to six total monitors, including:
- 3x1 portrait
- 3x1 landscape
- 3x1 landscape plus 1 extended
- 3x2 landscape
MD230 monitor key specifications:
- 1,920x1,080-pixel resolution each; 5,760x2,160-pixel resolution in a 3x2 array
- High dynamic contrast (150,000:1) and static contrast (3,000:1) ratios
- Full 178 degree viewing experience
- DVI and DisplayPort input
- 8ms response time
- Three-year parts and labor warranty
Hopefully, Samsung will grant me with a review unit--if for no other reason than to give me something to look forward to in life.