Verizon Wireless announced today that it was issuing software updates for two of its Android handsets, the Samsung Fascinate and the Motorola Droid Pro. The devices aren't getting OS updates--sorry--but the new features, particularly on the Fascinate, are nothing to take lightly.
We've offered the full list below for your perusal. Verizon will push the over-the-air updates to users starting today, or you can initiate the download manually from your settings menu. For more information, check out Verizon's Droid Pro and Fascinate support pages.
- Updated versions of preloaded applications, including V Cast videos, City ID, VZ Navigator, and Amazon Kindle. Ability to change the reminder time and alert tone for calendar events.
- Improved the update consistency of the feed and widgets.
- Music now pauses if you unplug your wired headset or turn off your Bluetooth headset.
- Improved standalone GPS performance.
- Increased security by hiding your 3G Mobile Hotspot password while typing.
- Ability to open any PDF attachments sent in an e-mail.
- Ability to use special characters in corporate e-mail passwords.
- Enhanced backlight display for the bottom four buttons on the device.
- Widgets now refresh based on the defined refresh time interval.
- If already in a locked state, the device will now remain locked when placed in the desk dock or car dock.
Motorola Droid Pro
- Improved audio on voice calls.
- Improved stability and performance.
- User interface display now refreshes when user switches from GSM/UMTS communication to Global Mode. Device now prepends 011 to Country Code to send text messages.
- Global Mode no longer resets when connecting to a USB charger.
- Visual Voice Mail now detects airplane mode while Wi-Fi is active.
- Prompt return to full screen brightness after wake-up.