One of the many laptops being announced at CES this week is the Toshiba Qosmio X305-Q725. It will offer the same bells and whistles of recent X305s, except that its primary drive will consist of a 64GB solid state drive, while the secondary drive will be the standard spindle-based 320GB SATA hard disk drive. This hybrid solution will not only boost performance on an already beast of a machine but will also help with its typically lackluster battery life--as with most gaming laptops--not by much, but it's something.
Here's a quick look at the specifications:
- Intel Core 2 Quad Q9000 2GHz
- 4GB DDR3 SDRAM
- Primary drive: 64GB Serial ATA SSD
- Secondary drive: 320GB (7200 RPM) SATA HDD
- Windows Vista Ultimate (64-bit)
- NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTX, 1GB GDDR3 discrete graphics
- Data: USB v2.0--four ports with USB Sleep and Charge (1 x eSATA/USB combo port)
The Toshiba Qosmio X305-Q725 will be available at launch on January 6 and will retail for $2,699 at Toshiba's Web site.