There's plenty of live video broadcasting platforms to choose on the Web these days, but today we're chatting with one of the pioneers.
Justin Kan is one of the co-founders of Justin.TV, and he drops by our studio today for a full episode about the origins of life streaming and how the site paved the road to Justin's new project for live video gaming, TwitchTV.
We'll also talk to Justin about his participation in Y Combinator, a start-up incubator that helps green entrepreneurs through the first three months of genesis.
The boot camp gives founders the seed funding they need for general living expenses, allowing them to focus on the business idea. YC also guides them through the media pitching process and how to grab the attention of venture capitalists and seed investors.
Tune in to hear about how TwitchTV is bringing competitive gaming to a much larger audience, not to mention a few tips on what it takes to earn a spot in the next Y Combinator batch!
Leaked from 404 Podcast 961:
- Justin.TV's video gaming portal Twitch.TV is growing fast.
- Y Combinator develops a new model of startup funding.
- Follow Justin Kan on Twitter.
- "Rude" Alec Baldwin fled to toilet, booted from plane for playing Words with Friends.
- "Mythbusters" cannonball hits Dublin home, minivan.
- Bathroom break video 1: 360 standing on a bar stool and table
- Bathroom break video 2: Taekwondo finger performance in Korea
Ep. 961: Where we've got the Twitch in our eye
Subscribe in iTunes (audio) | Subscribe in iTunes (video) | Subscribe in RSS Audio | Subscribe in RSS Video