Wilson begins this episode of The 404 Podcast with a few words of encouragement to our young listeners starting their first day of school today.
Unsurprisingly, Mr. Tang excelled in all his classes and never once printed a cheat sheet on a Coke-bottle wrapper--unfortunately Jeff and I can't say the same for our own salad days. Anyone know how to calculate the area of a triangle?
Aside from recalling our high-school days, today's show rundown kicks off with Nike's announcement of the long-awaited shoes from "Back To the Future II." Nike's head designer Tinker Hatfield invited members of the press to a big announcement that's likely to coincide with this preview trailer showing Marty McFly's closet full of Air Mag 2015s. Power laces and light-up soles!
We'll also break news about a partnership between Google and Zagat's (rhymes with "da cat") Restaurant Guide, shed some light on reports about Netflix capping multiple streams, and you'll also find out how you can rent the studio set from the Conan O'Brien late-night show!
The 404 Digest for Episode 899
Ep. 899: Where we take you to school
- It's about time: Nike goes "Back to the Future."
- Conan writers put studio up on AirBnB.
- Scan shows what the right 3DS thumb stick add-on might look like.
- Google buys Zagat, in original-content gambit.
- Video voice mail from David showing a retro pinball arcade.
- Video voice mail from Tessa and Matt on a backpacking trip in the Sierras.
- Justin's Daily Bathroom Break Video: Going to the Store: Normal Guy, Normal Walk.
Subscribe in iTunes (audio) | Subscribe in iTunes (video) | Subscribe in RSS Audio | Subscribe in RSS Video