A Chinese man has died after a cell phone battery exploded in his chest pocket, according to the Associated Press and other news sources.
Xiao Jinpeng, a welder, reportedly died while working at the Yingpan Iron Ore Dressing Plant in Gansu. A county official told the Xinhua News Agency that the welder had a Motorola phone in his pocket. Colleagues quoted by the agency said the phone was apparently exposed to high temperatures. Xiao suffered broken ribs, and rib fragments pierced his heart, according to reports.
A Beijing spokesman for Motorola, however, is quoted by the Associated Press as saying … Read more