This year, CNET has partnered with CEA to produce the Best of CES awards. CNET is accepting submissions for the awards beginning on September 30, 2005, and ending on December 1, 2005. The awards will recognize the best new products at the show in 12 categories, plus a Best of Show winner and a People's Voice winner. Read on for categories and criteria, and then click below to submit your product for evaluation. We will announce the finalists at CES on Thursday, January 5, 2006, at 5 p.m., and the winners on Saturday afternoon, January 7, 2006.
- Car tech
- Cell phones, smart phones, and PDAs
- Digital photo and video
- Emerging technologies
- Home audio
- Home video
- MP3 and portable video
- Monitors, printers, burners, and storage
CNET editors will name the Best of CES Award finalists and winners based on the following:
- Product must be new to the extent that it will be officially announced* or begin shipping** after December 1, 2005. Prototypes, reference designs, or products that represent a proof of concept will not be considered, with the exception of submissions to the Emerging technologies category.
*Announced means that the product manufacturer has officially declared the availability of the product at some definite date, even if that date is sometime later in 2006.
**Shipping means that the product will become available for sale.
- Product must be on exhibit at the 2006 International CES in Las Vegas.
- The products that we evaluate for the Best of CES Award will be judged on the basis of their promise to:
- Pioneer a new category, establish an emerging category, or take an existing category to a new level.
- Excite consumers with its style, innovation, usefulness, ease of use, and/or capacity to entertain.
- Endow its owner with a certain cachet--the "cool" factor.
- Work readily with other products in a consumer's life.
- Make its way into everyday life.
How do I find out if I won?
When: Thursday, January 5, from 5 p.m.
Where: CNET Stage (South 3 Hall Lobby, South Hall) Winner Announcements:
When: Saturday, January 7 at 2 p.m.
Where: CNET Stage (South 3 Hall Lobby, South Hall)
For questions, contact Susannah Johnson
, Best of CES awards manager, at 415/344-2154. Preshow submissions are due by December 1, 2005.