NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. MUST BE A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES AT LEAST 18 OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN STATE OF RESIDENCE, AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO CONTEST. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL US TERRITORIES AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Sponsor & Administrator: CBS Interactive Inc., 1401 W. Cypress Creek Road, Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309.
Prize Provider: Canon USA, Inc., One Canon Plaza, Lake Success, NY 11042
Contest Entities: CBS Interactive Inc. ("CBSI") and Canon USA, Inc.
1. Acceptance of Official Rules: This Contest is tied to the CNET 100 top feature promoted on the CBSI website accessible at the domain www.cnet.com/cnet100 (the "CBSI Service"). By entering the "CNET 100: Winner Techs All Contest" (the "Contest"), you hereby accept and agree to these official rules (the "Official Rules") of this Contest, and the decisions of the Administrator in connection with this Contest, whose decisions are final.
2. Eligibility: This Contest is offered and open to persons who are: (a) Registered Users; (b) legal residents of the United States; and (c) at least 18 years old or age of majority, whichever is older in their state of residence, at the date of entry in this Contest. This Contest is void in Puerto Rico, all US territories and possessions, outside the U.S. and where prohibited by law. Employees and directors, and their immediate family members, of the Contest Entities, and their respective parent companies, affiliated and subsidiary companies, franchisees, representatives, advertising and promotion agencies, agents, licensors, copyright owners, and legal and financial advisors are not eligible to participate in this Contest. For purpose of the foregoing "immediate family" means parents, spouses, children, siblings or any members of the same households of such employees and directors. If you are not a Registered User, you may become a "Registered User" by registering your e-mail address and obtaining a password through the CBSI Service registration form accessible via the "Join" link, or by registering with one of your social media accounts (Facebook, Google or Yahoo). There is no fee or charge to become a Registered User.
3. Promotion Period: The Contest begins on November 29, 2012 at 12:00:00 AM ET and ends at 11:59 PM ET on December 10, 2012 (the "Promotion Period").
4. Entering. To enter this Contest, login to the CBSI Service with your valid e-mail address and password during the Promotion Period and go to the Contest page on the CBSI Service and follow the instructions to submit your selections for CNET's #1 picks in the four (4) categories presented. Participants will be asked to guess who/what will appear first on the list for each of the four categories. Categories are as follows: technology, trends, people and news stories. Participant must fill in a selection for each category and answers must be spelt correctly in order to be considered a valid entry. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Once you have entered your selections, you will then receive an entry into this Contest. Limit one entry per person for the duration of the Promotion Period.
5. Grand Prize (the "Prize"): The Contest will award one (1) Prize that consists of a Gift Card with monetary value of Five Thousand Dollars (US$5,000.00).
6. Prize Restrictions: Certain terms and restrictions may apply on Gift card and will be furnished upon delivery of prize. No assignment, transfer, conversion to cash or cash redemption or substitution of the Prize is permitted, except Administrator reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of comparable or greater value should the Prize or its components become unavailable. Prize is solely for personal use and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion. All Prize details are at the sole discretion of the Contest Entities.
7. Odds/Drawing/Winner Notification: Prize will be awarded by random drawing from all eligible participants who answered all four (4) categories questions correctly. If the event only one participant answered all four (4) categories questions correctly, such participant will be declared the potential Grand Prize Winner (the "Prize winner"). In the event that no one participant correctly answers all four (4) questions correctly, all eligible participants will be put into a random prize drawing (the "Prize drawing"). The Prize drawing (if applicable) will take place on or about December 13, 2012 and will be conducted by Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning the Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received and the amount of participants who answered all four category questions correctly during the Promotion Period. Potential Prize winner (the "Prize Winner") will be notified by email, by phone and/or where applicable, their social media account, within 7 days from the drawing date. If a potential Prize Winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during five (5) business days from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified, at the sole discretion of Administrator, with an alternate Prize Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules. Only two attempts for new alternates will be conducted. If attempts fail, unclaimed Prize will not be awarded.
8. Prize Taxes: All federal, state, local and other tax obligations arising from this Contest, including, without limitation, winning the Prize, will be the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner.
9. Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and Publicity Release: Prize Winner will be required to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release (collectively, the "Release Forms") within five (5) days of notification of winning. Failure to return Release Forms timely, or if Prize notification or the Prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if the Prize Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, may result in disqualification with an alternate Prize Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules.
10. Publicity Release Terms. Except where prohibited by law, the Prize Winner's acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for the Contest Entities its licensors, copyright owners to use Prize Winner's name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
11. Improper Conduct: Administrator, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this Contest, and refuse to award the Prize or any part of the Prize, if entrant engages in any conduct Administrator deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the Contest or detrimental to other entrants of the Contest. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during entrant registration or Prize claim, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use entrant's personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with this Contest. Entrants agree that Administrator may void any part of the Prize that entrant may have won and/or require the return of any part of the Prize that entrant may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Entrant further acknowledges that any forfeiture of the Prize and/or return of the Prize shall in no way prevent Administrator from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, EACH OF THE CONTEST ENTITIES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. Integrity of Contest: If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes which Administrator, in its sole opinion believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest and select the Prize Winner from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Administrator may deem fair and appropriate.
13. Lost or Corrupted Entries: The Contest Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, licensors, copyright owners, and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, lost, late, incomplete, corrupted, stolen, misdirected, illegible or postage due entries or mail, if applicable; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. The Contest Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, licensors, copyright owners, advertising and promotion agencies, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by registration information submitted by end users or tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Contest.
14. Damaged Property: Contest Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, licensors, copyright owners and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, injury or damage to any entrants or to any other person's computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from this Contest.
15. Contest Errors: The Contest Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, licensors, copyright owners assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in the Contest; (b) in any related advertising or promotions of this Contest; and/or (c) in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error(s) in these Official Rules, Administrator reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity or error(s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Contest.
16. Prize and Prize Winner: The Contest Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, licensors, copyright owners assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you/entrant hereby forever waive/s any rights to any claim in connection with, the selection and announcement of the Prize Winner, the distribution of the Prize, the acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of any part of the Prize and/or any injury or damage to any entrant's or third person's property related to or resulting from any part of the Prize or any part of this Contest.
17. Release and Indemnity: Each entrant in this Contest, including, without limitation, the Prize Winner, hereby releases and agrees to hold harmless the Contest Entities and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, licensors, copyright owners and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize, participation in this Contest and participation in any activity related to this Contest.
18. Limitation of Liability: IN NO EVENT WILL THE CONTEST ENTITIES, THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES, LICENSORS, COPYRIGHT OWNERS, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE CONTEST OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE CONTEST. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
19. Disclaimer of Warranties: THE CONTEST AND PRIZE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
20. Identity Disputes: In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. For purposes of these Official Rules, "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
21. Binding Arbitration: The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Contest. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or this Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, in the City of New York, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
22. Governing Law and Jurisdiction: This Contest is governed by US law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Administrator in connection with this Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 21 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the City of New York.
23. Winner List/Official Rules: For the name of the Prize Winner send a self addressed stamped envelope for receipt by December 31, 2012 to "Winner's list CNET 100: Winner Techs All Contest " c/o CBS Interactive Inc., 1401 W. Cypress Creek Rd., Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309. For a copy of the Official Rules send a self addressed stamped envelope to the above address marked "Official Rules CNET 100: Winner Techs All Contest " for receipt by December 12, 2012; residents from VT may omit postage on the self addressed envelope. The full name of the Prize Winner may be posted and the Official Rules will be posted on the CBSI Service.