NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. CONTEST IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN STATE OF RESIDENCE, AT DATE OF ENTRY. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL US TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Administrator, Sponsor & Prize Provider: CBS Interactive Inc. ("CBSI"), 1401 W. Cypress Creek Road, Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309.
Contest Entities: CBSI
THIS CONTEST IS NOT SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK IN ANY WAY.
Each Participant (as defined below) entering must upload a photo (the "Entry(ies)" ) featuring Participant's oldest and most interesting piece of equipment ("Old Tech"). Participants then needs to go to the CBSI website accessible at www.facebook.com/cnet (the "CBSI Service" ) and upload their Entry, on the Contest application (the "App" ) found on the CBSI Service. See details in Section 6 below on the Photo requirements. Eligible Entries entered in the Contest may be accessible, at CBSI's sole discretion, via the CBSI Service for the general public to vote on their favorite Entry. The top ten eligible Entries' with the most votes (the "Finalists") will be judged by CBSI who will select the Prize (as defined below) winner (the "Winner") based on the criteria listed herein.
1. Acceptance of Official Rules. By entering the Contest operated on the CBSI Service, you ("you", "Participant") hereby accept and agree to these official rules (the "Official Rules") of this Contest, and the decisions of the Administrator in connection with this Contest, whose decisions are final.
2. Eligibility. This Contest is offered and open to persons who are: (a) legal residents of one (1) of the 50 states of United States or DC, and (b) who are at least 18 years old or age of majority, whichever is older in their state of residence, at the date of entry into this Contest. Employees, independent contractors and directors, and their immediate family members, of the Contest Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies and legal and financial advisors are not eligible to participate in this Contest. For purpose of the foregoing, "immediate family" mean parents, spouses, children, siblings or any members of the same households of such employees and directors. This Contest is void in Puerto Rico, all US territories and possessions, and where prohibited by law.
3. Promotion Period. The Contest begins on June 12, 2013 at 12:00:00 p.m. Pacific Time ("PT" ) and ends at 11:59pm PT on July 10, 2013 (the "Promotion Period"). The Promotion period is divided into three (3) separate phases, the Contest entry period (the "Entry Period") and the Contest voting period (the "Voting Period") and the Judging Period. Participants may enter the Contest during the Entry Period which begins at 12:00pm PT on June 12, 2013 and ends at 11:59pm PT on July 3, 2013. The public at large may vote for their favorite Entries during the Voting Period which starts at 12:00pm PT June 12, 2013 (or whenever entries are available to vote on) and ends at 11:59am PT on to July 10, 2013. A panel of judges, comprised of employees of the Contest Entities (the "Judges"), will evaluate the Finalists' Entries in accordance with the requirements below starting at 12:00pm PT on July 10, 2013 and ending at 11:59pm PT on July 12, 2013 (the "Judging Period").
4. How to Enter. During the Entry Period, Participants must "Like" CNET on Facebook and then Participant will be taken to the Contest Entry page. If participant already "Liked" CNET on Facebook, Participant will be taken directly to the Contest Entry page. Participants must access the App on the CBSI Service and follow the Contest entry instructions, including, but not limited to, uploading Participants Entry, entering Participant's name and other personal information in order to enter the Contest.
Participants, by uploading your Entry, you give the Contest Entities a perpetual, worldwide, royalty free license to publish the Entry on the CBSI Service and/or cnet.com, at Contest Entities sole and exclusive discretion, with no compensation to you other than bragging rights and getting the Entry published on the CBSI Service and/or cnet.com. Administrator reserves the right to reproduce the Entry in full or edit and enhance the Entry at their discretion. Administrator is authorized to use the Entry as they see fit, including usage in advertising. Entries uploaded to the App will not be returned to participants. Administrator will not be responsible for lost, stolen or misplaced entries.
Entries submitted after the Entry Period deadline will not be entered into the Contest and will not be eligible for publication on the CBSI Service nor the Prize. Multiple unique entries from the same Participant will be accepted. Only one vote per day will be accepted from the public.
6. Entry Requirements. Contest Entry must also meet the following requirements:
a). File size for photos must not exceed 5MB;
b). Entry titles are not limited to any amount of characters;
c). Entry submissions should be one of the following file types:
The Entry must be an original creation of the Participant submitting the Entry and only show Participant and the "Old Tech". Any Entry that does not meet the Entry criteria described herein may be disqualified in Administrator's sole discretion. The Entry must be in English and must not be disparaging, abusive, sexually explicit, sexually suggestive, offensive, illegal, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, offensive, indecent, in bad taste, reflect negatively on the Contest Entities, promote or incite violence, terrorism, or illegal acts, or be otherwise objectionable (all as determined by the Contest Entities in their sole discretion). Additionally, the Entry must not: i) infringe any third party's rights, including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, right of publicity, right of privacy or trade secret and, must not in any way violate applicable laws and regulations; ii) contain libelous or otherwise defamatory statements (including but not limited to words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group); and iii) contain any commercial content that promotes any product or service or contain or reference any third party names, logos, service marks, trademarks, copyrights, trade names or trade dress. The determination of whether an Entry violates any of the above prohibitions shall be within the Administrator's sole discretion. If an Entry is deemed by the Administrator to violate any such prohibition(s), the Entry may in the discretion of the Administrator be edited, disqualified or removed from the CBSI Service and the Participant shall not be eligible to participate in the Contest and/or win the Prize. Administrator reserve the right to take down any Entry at any time during or after the Promotion Period and for any or no reason at all in Administrator's sole discretion.
Further, each Promotion Entry:
a). must be suitable for presentation in a public forum, in the sole determination of the Contest Entities;
b). must be delivered through the app provided, to the CBSI Service;
c). must not include any person other than the Participant, unless Participants has written permission from any and all third parties appearing in the Entry (Contest Entities, at their sole discretion, will decide the sufficiency of any permission presented);
d). must not include non-original visual works or any third party creative element without permission of such third party; and
e). must satisfy all eligibility requirements set forth herein.
7. Grand Prize. The Contest will award one (1) grand prize (the "Prize" ) that consists of a Panasonic Viera ST60 TV. Approximate retail value of the Prize is One Thousand Five Hundred Dollars (US$1500.00). Prize Restrictions. Prize is nontransferable. All taxes, including but not limited to federal, state, local, income and other taxes are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. No assignment, transfer or substitution of the Prize is permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of comparable or greater value. Prize is solely for personal use and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion. All other costs and expenses not specified herein, if any, are the responsibility of the Winner. Prize details are at the sole discretion of the Contest Entities. .
8. Prize Taxes. All federal, state, local and other tax liabilities arising from this Contest, including, without limitation, winning the Prize, will be the sole responsibility of the Winner. The Winner will be issued an IRS 1099 tax form for the value of their Prize.
9. Winner Notification. The Winner will be notified at the end of the Promotion Period. In the event that there are, in the opinion of the Administrator, insufficient legitimate entries to post for the public to vote on, Administrator reserves the right to select the Prize Winner from among all entries received using the judging criteria herein. The potential Winner will be notified by email and/or by phone. If the potential Winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during three (3) business days from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified at the discretion of the Administrator, with alternate Winners selected in accordance with these Official Rules. Only two attempts for new alternates will be conducted. If attempts fail, unclaimed Prize will not be awarded.
10. Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and Publicity Release. In order to receive the Prize, the potential Winner will be required to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release (collectively, the "Release Forms") within three (3) days of notification of winning. Failure to properly execute and return Release Forms in a timely manner, or if the Prize notification or the Prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if the Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, may result in disqualification with an alternate Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules.
11. Publicity Release Terms. Except where prohibited by law, the Winners' acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for the Contest Entities to use the Winners' name, Entry, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation solely in connection with the Contest and identifying the Winner.
12. Improper Conduct. Administrator, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this Contest, and refuse to award the Prize, if entrant engages in any conduct Administrator deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the Contest or detrimental to other entrants of the Contest. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during entrant registration or the Prize claim, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use entrant's personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with this Contest. Entrants agree that Administrator may void any part of the Prize that entrant may have won and/or require the return of any part of the Prize that entrant may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Entrant further acknowledges that any forfeiture of the Prize and/or return of any part of the Prize shall in no way prevent Contest Entities from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, EACH OF THE CONTEST ENTITIES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. Integrity of Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which Administrator, in its sole opinion, believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest and select the Prize Winner from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Administrator may deem fair and appropriate.
14. Lost or Corrupted Entries. The Contest Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising, marketing and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, lost, late, incomplete, corrupted, stolen, misdirected, illegible or postage due entries or mail, if applicable; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. The Contest Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising, marketing and promotion agencies, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by registration information submitted by end users or tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Contest.
15. Damaged Property. Contest Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising, marketing and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, injury or damage to any entrants or to any other person's computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from this Contest.
16. Contest Errors. The Contest Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising, marketing and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in the Contest; (b) in any related advertising, marketing or promotions of this Contest; and/or (c) in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error(s) in these Official Rules, Administrator reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity or error(s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Contest.
17. Prize and Winner. The Contest Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, dealers and advertising, marketing and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you/entrant hereby forever waive/s any rights to any claim in connection with, the selection and announcement of the Winner, the distribution of the Prize, the acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of any part of the Prize and/or any injury or damage to any entrant's or third party's person (including death) or property related to or resulting from any part of the Prize or any part of this Contest.
18. Release and Indemnity. Each entrant in this Contest, including, without limitation, the Winner, hereby releases and agrees to hold harmless the Contest Entities and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, dealers, advertising, marketing and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents and assigns from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize, participation in this Contest and participation in any activity related to this Contest.
19. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL THE CONTEST ENTITIES, THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIESAND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING, MARKETING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS AND ASSIGNS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE CONTEST, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE CONTEST OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE CONTEST. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
20. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE CONTEST & PRIZE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
21. Identity Disputes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. For purposes of these Official Rules, "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
22. Binding Arbitration. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Contest. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or this Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, in the City of New York, County of New York, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
23. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This promotion is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Administrator in connection with this Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 22 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the City of New York, County of New York.
25. Winner List/Official Rules: For the name of the Winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by July 31, 2013 to CNET From Old School to Tech Cool Contest c/o CBS Interactive Inc., 1401 W. Cypress Creek Rd., Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309. For Official Rules send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the above address marked "Official Rules: CNET From Old School to Tech Cool Contest" for receipt by July 15, 2013. Residents from VT may omit postage on the self-address envelope requesting a copy of the Official Rules. The name of the Prize Winner may, and Official Rules will, be posted on the CBSI Service.